Classic flavors of lasagna are combined in this one-pot 30 minute Lasagna Pasta that is easy enough for a quick weeknight meal with Ragu Homestyle pasta sauce. #SimmeredInTradition #Homestyle #Ragu
Lately I’ve been craving all of the classic recipes I had growing up. Pollo El Greco, Loco Pollo, Pepper Steak, and my absolute favorite, my mom’s homemade spaghetti sauce and lasagna. It was my favorite request for my birthday meal and my mother was always kind enough to grant my crazy wish in August in California in a house with no AC. Bless her!
I was totally craving that lasagna this week but having been traveling and book ending that travel with two sick kiddos I just haven’t had the heart to spend 4-5 hours simmering the sauce and then making the lasagna and then cooking the lasagna. Just thinking about it made me tired. So when Ragu challenged me to come up with a dish that reflects what Homestyle means to me and my cooking I knew exactly what to do.
I came up with this 30 minute Lasagna pasta as a way to answer the craving of my mom’s home cooking without spending hours in the kitchen. When I took that first bite I was floored. I swear there was hardly any difference between the lasagna pasta and my mom’s lasagna. The thick and hearty traditional sauce was awesome and true to it’s name (and came with a little pack of basil seeds-so cute)! There are several other great Ragu flavors available to suit your fancy and your meal!
As I’ve played with the classic recipes from my parents, and now my in-laws, I’ve learned it’s okay to put your own twist on them. I’ve done a few changes to recipes which when our families have tried them they’ve heartily approved the changes I’ve made. Each generation will do it a little differently and that’s okay. I think that is what Homestyle is really about!
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
- 1 jar Homestyle Ragu sauce
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ lb. ground sausage
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1-lb box pasta shells
- 2-2½ cups water
- 1 cup riccota cheese
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan, plus additional if desired
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley, plus additional for garnish
- Heat 2 Tbsp in a large, deep pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add turkey and sausage and cook, breaking up the meat, until it is cooked through. Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the water and the pasta shells and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring often until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Meanwhile, combine riccota cheese, ½ cup parmesan, and 1 Tbsp dried parsley. When pasta is done cooking, spoon dollops of the cheese around the top and use the back of a spoon to spread it out.
- Top with additional parsley and parmesan cheese if desired.