Food allergies are a very real thing and can be hard to eat around. To kick off National Food Allergy Awareness Week we are giving away the Blendtec Designer 625 Series with a Twister Jar! You can enter through the Rafflecopter below. Be sure to check out all the other yummy allergy friendly recipes too! And for more ways Blendtec can help make your food allergy meals easier and some awesome tips check out this post from Holly, Blendtec’s in house dietitian.
1- Orange Julius- Dessert Now, Dinner Later 2- Lemon Curd- Bite of Delight 3- Tomato Soup- Jonesin’ For Taste 4- Coconut Milk- Food Apparel 5- Pina Colada Agua Fresca- Tried & Tasty 6- Raspberry Gelato- Tastefully Frugal 7- Chia Seed Pudding- The Things I Love Most
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (29 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) can tomato puree
- 1 qt (32 oz) chicken stock
- 1½ tsp dry basil
- 1½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Fresh basil
- 1 cup milk, can use dairy free option (optional)
- In a large pot, saute carrots and onions over medium heat in the olive oil until soft about 6-7 minutes. Add the stewed tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken stock, dry basil, dried rosemary, salt and black pepper to pot.
- Working in batches, puree in a blender until smooth. Pour back into pot and adjust seasonings to taste and add milk, if using. Bring soup back up to serving temperature. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil.