Last Updated on
I’ve been wanting to share about my process of really getting going on the blog. I have never been very consistent but last July I decided that I really wanted to make a go of blogging seriously. It’s been a long process trying to figure out how to get my blog out there and take it from homemade to more professional looking. There are lots of great resources out there but sometimes they can be hard to find. I’ve felt lucky that I happened to stumble upon all of these resources that have really made a difference for me. I thought I would start of sharing a few of my favorites.
1. First, I have to give a big shout out to Blogelina. She’s the one who did myblog design and I am really happy with it. She’s got tons of great info and lots of opportunities to connect and grow your blog. I find myself looking at post after post on her site. She’s got a great website to help out Blogging Moms that I think is really worth it.
2. For Mother’s Day Blogging Moms has an awesome FREE blogging e-book bundle. It’s a great set that covers some of the essentials of blogging.
3. The Blogging Bunch is another good resource for how to improve your blog and you can sign up to get their emails based on 31 days to a better blog. I am still making my way through all of the info but it’s so helpful and really covers all of the bases. Perhaps my favorite part about The Blogging Bunch is the The Blogging Bunch Facebook group. It has been a great way to ask questions, connect with other bloggers, and learn what works for bloggers from tons of different niches. There is also a Blogging Bunch support group that I feel has made a huge difference in getting exposure for my blog. They are a wonderful supportive group and have totally helped me get through some of my ruts.
4. My go-to blog for tutorials on how to change up the look of the blog myself is A Typical English Home. This was super important when I was on blogger and was great because she is also on blogger. Even if you are not on blogger her tutorials are still really relevant. She’s also has lots of freebies to dress up your blog which I love.
5. Getting your blog out into the internet can be really difficult but one of the best ways is to link up with other bloggers. It can be time consuming but it is really worth it to drive some traffic to your site and possibly get your posts pinned. A great resource to find link ups is Mums Make List and her Link Party Calendar. I’ve used it to find some of my favorite link ups.
6. Also, using a blog planner is a big help to keep everything you have going straight. It can be overwhelming sometimes to try to keep everything straight that you want to do every day. There is a great free one from Lambert’s Lately that I have enjoyed using and nice because it is FREE.
I really hope this helps some of you out there. The blog world is so different from when I started blogging 5 years ago. Good luck to my fellow bloggers and please let me know of any other resources you think deserve some attention.