Chicken Salad with Grapes and Apples
This delicious fruit filled chicken salad is chock full of delicious pineapples, grapes, mandarin oranges, apples and cashews. It is an easy no-cook weeknight dinner idea, ready in under 30 minutes.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound cooked chicken shredded
- 1 golden delicious apple chopped
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup red seedless grapes quartered
- 1 10.5 ounce can mandarin oranges drained
- 8 rolls for serving
In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, chopped apples, pineapple tidbits, green onions and cashews and mix together.
In a small bowl, combine mayo, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add mayo mixture to the chicken mixture and mix well.
Then add the grapes and oranges and gently mix so they don’t squish.
Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Refrigerate leftovers covered for 3-4 days.
For a healthier version you can swap:
- light soy sauce for the regular soy sauce
- swap the mayo for Greek yogurt or a mix of half mayo and half Greek yogurt
- replace the rolls with large romaine lettuce leaves
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 12mg