Lemon Yogurt Muffins
Lemon yogurt muffins are a versatile muffin base made with Greek yogurt that can be made into lots of variations with simple swaps.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
Whisk the dry ingredients together, including the lemon zest, in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently but quickly stir it all together. A few lumps are okay and definitely don't overmix.
Scoop batter into a greased muffin tin or into liners in a muffin pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes until muffins are golden.
Cool for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
I store these with no liners in the freezer in a Ziploc bag. They reheat well in the microwave or just when left out to thaw.
Other variations of yogurt muffins you can make:
You can also add 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to the vanilla or strawberry muffins, fresh blueberries to the vanilla or blueberry muffins, or diced peaches to the vanilla or peach muffins.
- For orange muffins, simply swap the lemon juice and zest for orange juice
- For vanilla muffins, swap milk for the lemon juice, eliminate the lemon extract, and sub vanilla Greek yogurt for the plain
- For strawberry muffins, make the same swaps as for the vanilla muffins except sup strawberry Greek yogurt for the plain
- For blueberry muffins, follow the substitutions for vanilla muffins but swap blueberry Greek yogurt for the plain
- For peach muffins, again follow the same substitutions as used for strawberry and blueberry muffins but swap the yogurt for peach yogurt
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 275IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg