Bring a little bit of Disney home with this delicious knock off recipe for “The Grey Stuff” from Beauty and the Beast. It’s a delicious cookies and cream mousse served on a sugar cookie! It is a wonderful treat for Valentine’s Day and a super easy no bake dessert which kids can make.
Table of contents
You will need some super simple ingredients, most of which you may already have at home!
- vanilla pudding mix
- Cool whip
- chocolate pudding mix
- sugar cookies
- candy pearls
You can use store bought or home made sugar cookies. If you have kids who want to make homemade cookies but that seems overwhelming, buy the refrigerated cookie dough as a compromise.
Other recipes you may like
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Bundt Cake
- No Bake Raspberry Jello Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
How to make this
- Mix the vanilla pudding powder with the milk. Chill.
- Add crushed Oreos and mix.
- Then add Cool Whip and chocolate pudding mix and mix well. Chill.
- Pipe onto sugar cookies and decorate with candy pearls.
If you don’t have a piping bag and piping tip, you can use a ziploc bag and cut off a small piece of one of the bottom corners of the bag.
A clean pair of tweezers can be helpful to place individual pearls nicely without getting your hands messy.
Top Tips for cooking with kids
Crushing the Oreos is a great task for kids! If you are worried about the bag breaking from over enthusiastic crushers, you can always put the first bag into a second bag.
If you have multiple children, consider having a different child help with each stage- making the vanilla pudding and crushing the Oreos, adding the Oreos, cool whip, and chocolate pudding, and piping and decorating the mousse.
See here for more tips on cooking with kids!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 3.4- ounce pack of vanilla pudding mix
- 15 Oreos
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate pudding mix
- 12 sugar cookies
- edible sugar pearls
- Mix the milk and vanilla pudding mix together in a large bowl until it’s well blended and thickened.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until firm.
- Meanwhile, place Oreos in a ziplock bag and seal shut. Roll a rolling pin over the bag until all Oreos are crushed in tiny pieces. Alternatively, you can use a food processor to crush the Oreos.
- Stir the crushed Oreos into the chilled pudding mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Then, add the whipped topping and chocolate pudding mix to the bowl, and stir until mixed well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, add the mix to a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Swirl the mixture over a sugar cookie creating a tall tower.
- Top it with edible sugar pearls all around.