Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Learn how to make red velvet cookies with cake mix with this easy recipe that kids can make on their own! A perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day, Christmas, or just because, these cake mix cookies are a cinch to bake and a simple way to bake with kids.
Cakes and cookies have many of the same overlapping ingredients. I’ve used a cake mix before to make these delicious White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars but here’s how you can turn cake mix into cookies.
This recipe is great to make with kids since all of the dry ingredients are pre-measured for you. It also doesn’t require pulling out the stand mixer or beating butter first. As a kid, the beating butter part always felt like forever!
Make sure to check out the top tips section for variation ideas.
Table of contents
- red velvet cake mix
- white chocolate chips
You can use a chopped white chocolate bar or even M&Ms instead of the white chocolate chips. Also, feel free to use regular chocolate chips instead of the white chocolate.
How to make this
- Preheat your oven and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will help prevent your cookies from possibly getting stuck to the tray.
- Mix together the eggs and oil in a bowl.
- Add the cake mix and mix until completely smooth. Then add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out dough and form into balls. Roll the balls in the sugar.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the cookies have puffed up and then flattened again. Allow to cool for a couple minutes before removing them from the pan.
Once you know how to make them you’ll enjoy making many variations on them. All you have to do is change the cake mix flavor and the flavor of chips. Really, the possibilities are up to you!
Try these other variations:
- vanilla cake mix and butterscotch chips
- chocolate cake mix and peanut butter chips
- spice cake mix and white chocolate chips
Other recipes you may like
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix the eggs and oil together in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Pour the cake mix into a mixing bowl and add in the eggs and oil. Mix until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add white chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Make 24 balls and roll them in the sugar. Place 12 cookies on each of the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-13 minutes or until the cookies have puffed and then flattened.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.