Last Updated on
Easy no bake cherry cream cheese pie is a fantastic blend of creamy, tangy, and sweet that is a wonderful cold summer treat.
I’ve been reminiscing on old favorite recipes and looking over those I’ve shared here. I realized that one of my favorite desserts I hadn’t shared on here yet. And it’s always good to have some easy crowd pleasing desserts in mind like Toasted Coconut Caramel Brownies or Strawberry Cream Cheese Brownies but I do realize not everyone loves brownies *gasp*.
This pie has been made by my family for as long as I can remember and my husband had it once and told me he didn’t like it and I thought he was crazy.
So I waited a while to make it again and he loves it and swears he never said he didn’t like it. The kids love to help with the mixing and the pouring and despite the chilling time it comes together really quickly.
Ingredients you need for this:
- cream cheese
- sweetened condensed milk
- lemon juice
- cherry pie filling
- graham cracker crust
How to make No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie:
Beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer.
Slowly add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust. Chill 2 to 3 hours.
When ready to serve, top with chilled cherry pie filling.
What kind of pie dish works best?
I have found that using a pie dish that retains it’s temperature for extended periods of time is best for cold pies. This helps keep the pie chilled and prevents it from melting. Ceramic I think works really well for no bake pies because it stays really cold.
And can I talk about how much I love this pie dish as well! It’s rather deep versus the usual pie pans and it’s super attractive all by itself. I used it to make my Fresh Strawberry Pie and No Bake Vanilla Pudding Pie.
Tips for making no bake cherry cream cheese pie:
- If you are making your own graham cracker crust, skip adding any sugar into the crust. There is plenty of sugar in the topping and it balances better with no sugar.
- This pie has a soft filling so it does tend to spill over when cut. If you would prefer a firmer filling, you can use half of the sweetened condensed milk called for. This will result in a tarter pie but with the pie filling it should still be plenty sweet.
- Change up the pie filling used. Although I use cherry pie filling for this, readers have told me that they have made it with other flavors like blueberry and have loved it. So go ahead and use your favorite pie filling and let me know how it goes!
Make this pie with your children and get them excited about being in the kitchen. It’s a key part of raising world food explorers. Check out my resource guide for more great tips!
Can you make cherry cream cheese pie ahead of time?
Yes! Make the pie but do not add the pie filling on top. Chill overnight tightly covered so the top of the pie does not dry out. Also store the cherry pie filling in the refrigerator.
Just before serving top with the cherry pie filling. Once topped store the pie in the fridge tightly covered for up to 3-4 days. Please note, the pie will begin to bleed and spread due to the extra moisture in the pie filling.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other no bake pie recipes you may like:
- Crazy Easy Key Lime Pie
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Vanilla Pudding Pie
- Raspberry Jello Pie
- 10-minute Mini Cheesecakes
No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer. Slowly add sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Continue to mix until thoroughly combined. Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust. Chill 2 to 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with chilled cherry pie filling.