Get dinner on the table in a flash with this easy sheet pan dinner. It takes just 15 minutes to bake the lemon pepper chicken and gnocchi. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal!Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
Sheet pan meals are always a winner for anyone who finds sitting down to make dinner a challenge. They are mostly hands off and can take very little time to prep. Many of the ingredients can even be prepped ahead of time.
This sheet pan meal has quickly become a favorite for our family. My kids love the lemon flavor and are big fans of gnocchi. I love that it’s ready in 30 minutes with no hands on cooking time other than cutting up the veggies and chicken. Plus, this makes enough food to have a bit leftover for lunch the next day.
What is gnocchi?
Gnocchi is a type of Italian pasta made from potatoes, eggs, and flour. You can make your own (a fun activity for kids!) or you can find both shelf stable and frozen gnocchi at your local grocery store.
The shelf stable ones are usually found in the Italian section of most stores and the frozen ones are generally with the other frozen pastas like tortellini or ravioli.
- Grape tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Lemon pepper
- Italian herb seasoning
Here’s a homemade Italian herb seasoning recipe to try if you can’t find Italian herb seasoning in stores.
Other veggies to use
You can use a lot of different kinds of veggies in this. You could use butternut squash, broccoli, green beans, yellow squash, or zucchini. Use what your family will eat.
It’s also important that you remember that it’s okay to pick a veggie that some of your family won’t eat. My son isn’t a huge fan of cooked mushrooms so I let him pick them out. It’s not about forcing them to eat it every time. I focus more on giving them the opportunity to try it and letting them choose for themselves.
What to serve with this?
I like to serve this with a bit of bread, like this herb bubble bread, which is really delicious to use to mop up the lemon oil sauce. Yum!
Since I know that some of my kids won’t eat the veggies I also make sure to have fruits that they will like. For our family, the most popular fruits are blueberries, grapes, raspberries, and mango.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts 900 grams, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 16- ounce packages gnocchi 1 kg
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes 500 grams
- 8 ounces mushrooms halved (227 grams)
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon for squeezing over the finished dish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray two half sheet pans with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, chicken, gnocchi, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Add the olive oil and sprinkle the lemon pepper, Italian herb seasoning, and salt over everything and use a spoon to gently toss the mixture to mix it.
- Spread evenly between the two baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over the sheet pans before serving.
Friday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf by Fresh April Flours
- Grilled Chicken Piccata by Palatable Pastime
- Creamy Lemon Smoothie Recipe by Blogghetti
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Tarragon Salmon by Art Of Natural Living
- Meyer Lemon Vanilla Shortbread Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Poppy Seed Thumb Print Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Pasta by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Tea Bread by The Freshman Cook
- Homemade Lemon Cake by Simply Inspired Meals
- Italian Lemon Ricotta Cake by The Fresh Cooky
- LLemony Shrimp Pasta by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Rosemary Watermelon Lemonade by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Crumb Muffins with Lemon Glaze by An Affair From The Heart
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Ina Garten’s Lemon Chicken by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Ice Cream by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake by Home Cooked Harvest
- Grilled Lemon Herb Flatbread by That Recipe
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake by The Redhead Baker
- Dragonfruit Lemonade by Magical Ingredients