Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
This simple Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake is an easy dessert to make for a party. A light lemon cake is topped with a tangy lemon glaze for a flavorful punch in each bite.Welcome to #LemonWeek 2022 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours and Rebecca from Devour Dinner. This week is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle. I may have received product samples from these sponsors to help in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
A Bundt cake will always be my favorite go to cake for something simple to make that has a big visual impact. And you can never go wrong it seems with lemon. It’s a simple all around popular flavor.
This cake reminds me of my Lemon Pound Cake with the same tangy citrus flavor reinforced by that lovely lemon glaze. Where the pound cake is great for a family treat, this Lemon Bundt Cake is great for a party.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Rodelle vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- La Tourangelle baking spray
- Sour cream
Where can I go wrong?
The most common pitfall with this cake is over mixing and over baking. Here’s how to avoid those two common pitfalls.
Make sure that you are mixing the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly before combining them. Then as you mix the wet and dry together, use a folding method making sure you are scraping the bottom well and mixing just until they make a batter.
Cakes can be tricky to tell when they are done and can easily get overbaked. Make sure to set a timer! I always set mine for 5-6 minutes before the suggested time window. It’s really easy to cook it for a little longer but you can’t bring it back if it’s baked too long.
The best way to test if a cake like this is done is to use a toothpick or a metal skewer and poke the center of the Bundt cake ring.
Note: I find that having a pretty cake stand or cake plate is another great way to level up a simple cake like this.
What size Bundt pan works for this?
This cake was made in a 10 cup Bundt pan. So you can swap it for any other similar sized Bundt pan. Check out a few options you could use below.
The fancier the bundt pan the more care you will need in greasing it. Make sure the baking spray gets into all the little crevices. If you have a problem with cakes sticking try using this cake goop from Sugar Geek Hero.
Want more Bundt cakes? Try these:
Wednesday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Layer Cake by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Chess Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Lemon Poke Cake by Blogghetti
- Lemonade Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crepes with Lemon Curd and Mascarpone by Art Of Natural Living
- Braided Lemon Bread with Blackberries by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chicken Costoletta by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Lemon Lush by Devour Dinner
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars by Best Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Pudding Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Cheesecake Bombs by Simply Inspired Meals
- One Pot Lemon Garlic Pasta Recipe by The Fresh Cooky
- Lemon Loaf Cake by A Day In The Life On The Farm
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Blueberry Crumb Bars by An Affair From The Heart
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes by Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Lemon Sorbet by Jen Around The World
- Lemon Blueberry Waffles by Lemon Blossoms
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies by Home Cooked Harvest
- Lemon Rosemary Marmalade by That Recipe
- Lemon Crepes by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Coriander Soup by Magical Ingredients
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 3-4 lemons
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9” Bundt pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, lemon zest, and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, lemon juice, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Alternate adding the milk mixture and flour mixture into a mixing bowl, mixing on low until just combined with each addition, until all ingredients are added.
- Pour batter into a Bundt pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Cool 15-20 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze by mixing icing sugar, lemon zest, milk, and enough lemon juice for desired consistency.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, pour glaze evenly over the top.
- 2 count Gourmet Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- 2oz Almond Extract
- 4oz Natural Baker’s Extract
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- 8oz Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 25oz Organic Baking Cocoa
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Walnut Oil
- Regenerative Sunflower Oil
- 4oz Vanilla Paste
- Fleur de Sel Almond Butter
The cake is best eaten day of or the next day
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #LemonWeek Giveaway!
Prize #1: Rodelle Prize Pack
Rodelle Prize Pack includes:
Prize #2: La Tourangelle Prize Pack
La Tourangelle Prize Pack includes:
Terms and conditions: This #LemonWeek is sponsored by Rodelle and La Tourangelle which starts 5/23/2022 and ends 6/3/2022 at 11:59pm ET. Enter to win a prize pack from Rodelle or La Tourangelle that include baking and cooking ingredients. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years or older in the United States. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Two (2) winners will be selected and sent prize packages directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #LemonWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #LemonWeek posts or entry.a Rafflecopter giveaway