These Almond Joy No Bake Cookies have flavors reminiscent of the classic Almond Joy candy bars for a quick and easy cookie for the holidays or a hot summer day.
No bake cookies are such an easy dessert to prepare last minute or when it’s crazy hot during the summers. No baking required just heat up the liquids, add in the dry ingredients and allow to cool. If I’m in a hurry a put them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer to set even quicker. And I hate having to drop individual spoonfuls so I like to use an ice cream scoop to get them even in size and get them dished out quickly. The longer it sits in the pan the harder it will be to get the scoops to stick together.
Usually, the no bake cookies I’ve always had uses peanut butter but I wanted to mimic the flavors of one of my favorite candy bars- Almond Joys! This time around I decided to make them reminiscent of almond joy bars. They had good coconut flavor with the crunchy-ness from the almonds.
I like this Almond Joy No Bake Cookies version because they are just a little different than your standard no bake cookies. Usually they involve peanut butter and although I love peanut butter I don’t always want peanut butter. You could easily make a few varieties and have a no bake cookie spread.
For me, no bake cookies will always remind me of my husband’s college roommate who made them weekly. I remember one time that it was pretty warm out and his roommate had made the cookies but they just would not set up. We ended up making a mess eating the semi set no bake cookies with our hands. We still laugh about that time and it generally leads to further discussion of favorite memories from the beginning of our relationship.
If you need more easy dessert fixes check out Mint Brownies, Toasted Coconut Caramel Brownies, Strawberry Cream Cheese Brownies, White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars, and No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie.
Almond Joy No Bake Cookies
Almond Joy No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Combine sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil, cocoa and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove and add rest. Stir. Spoon out onto waxed paper and let set.
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Eggnog Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Orange Cookies by Faith, Hope, Luck and Love Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cream Cheese Cookie Cups by Making the Most of Naptime
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Double Dipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggnog Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Foolproof Holiday Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gingered Lemon Drops by The Frugal Pantry
- Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra by Girl Abroad
- Mint Chocolate Madeleines by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Peppermint Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies by Making Miracles
- Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- White Chocolate Decorated Ginger Crinkles by Love and Confections