These Almond Joy No Bake Cookies have flavors reminiscent of the classic Almond Joy candy bars for a quick and easy cookie for the holidays or a hot summer day.
No bake cookies are such an easy dessert to prepare last minute or when it’s crazy hot during the summers. No baking required just heat up the liquids, add in the dry ingredients and allow to cool.
For me, no bake cookies will always remind me of my husband’s college roommate who made them weekly. I remember one time that it was pretty warm out and his roommate had made the cookies but they just would not set up.
We ended up making a mess eating the semi set no bake cookies with our hands. We still laugh about that time and it generally leads to further discussion of favorite memories from the beginning of our relationship.
This time around I decided to make them reminiscent of almond joy bars. They had good coconut flavor with the crunchy-ness from the almonds.
Ingredients you need:
- coconut milk
- coconut oil
- quick oats
- shredded coconut
- sliced almonds
- coconut extract
How to make almond joy no bake cookies:
Combine sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil, cocoa and salt in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
Remove and add remaining ingredients. Stir.
Spoon out onto waxed paper and leave until set.
Tips and tricks
- If I’m in a hurry a put them on a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer to set even quicker.
- I hate having to drop individual spoonfuls so I like to use a small ice cream scoop to get them even in size and get them dished out quickly.
- The longer it sits in the pan the harder it will be to get the scoops to stick together.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
If you need more easy dessert fixes check out:
Almond Joy No Bake Cookies
- Combine sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil, cocoa and salt in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove and add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Spoon out onto waxed paper and leave until set.
- Chocolate Almond Biscotti by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Cranberry Eggnog Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
- Cranberry Orange Cookies by Faith, Hope, Luck and Love Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cream Cheese Cookie Cups by Making the Most of Naptime
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Double Dipped Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Eggnog Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Foolproof Holiday Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gingered Lemon Drops by The Frugal Pantry
- Lemon Pizzelle Della Sondra by Girl Abroad
- Mint Chocolate Madeleines by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Peppermint Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies by Making Miracles
- Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- White Chocolate Decorated Ginger Crinkles by Love and Confections