Peanut butter lovers will LOVE these Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Bars that are stuffed with Reese’s peanut butter cups and topped with more peanuts and chocolate!
I love cookies but when it comes to making them I can be really lazy. I don’t want to have to scoop out dozens of individual cookies or roll them or cut them out. Like I said I’m lazy! So cookie bars are pretty much what I go for like White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars. They are easy to make just press the dough into the pan and you are done. Or no bake cookies like my Almond Joy No-Bake Cookies. Those are my kind of cookies, unless I’m really feeling festive then I’ll make Italian Butter Cookies but that’s only going to happen once a year.
And I happen to love peanut butter. Like a lot! My best friend in high school and I would hang out and chat and eat peanut butter from a jar. So when I found a whole bunch of Reese’s on clearance at my grocery store I may have gotten a wee bit excited and snagged multiple bags of them. When my husband eyed my purchases I promised him it was all for the blog. It’s nice to have an excuse like that.
These are just your classic peanut butter cookies pressed into a pan with Reese’s in the center and then topped with peanuts and chocolate. Because you can never have too much chocolate or peanuts, right?
If you notice in my pictures the center sunk in a little because I didn’t do a very good job of spreading the top layer of dough evenly. I also would squeeze more Reese’s in the middle because that’s the other reason the dough grew more on the sides than in the middle. Like you needed an excuse to add more Reese’s?
I hope you enjoy your peanut butter infused sugar rush?
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- 1/2 cup butter , room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 12 Reese's peanut butter cups , 9 left whole, 3 cut in half
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts , chopped
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate candy melts
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and peanut butter on high speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add both sugars and beat again until combined, scraping sides as needed. Add the egg and vanilla and briefly beat mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until mixed. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- To assemble bars, evenly press half of the dough in an ungreased 9x9 baking pan. Arrange the Reese's peanut butter cups on top of the dough, about 3.5 Reese's per row. Press the remaining peanut butter cookie dough over the top of the Reese's.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanuts over the top of the bars. Lightly press into the top of the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until light brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- Prepare candy melts per package directions. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the bars. Cut into 16 servings.