These easy white chocolate peanut butter cookie bars are a quick and easy dessert! They use a boxed cake mix base which makes them perfect to make with kids.
Table of contents
The first time I made these cookie bars it was because I didn’t have time to make cookies from scratch. Then thinking about it, I realized this was a perfect recipe to make with my kids when I don’t feel like pulling out all of my baking supplies.
All of the same ingredients that go into cakes go into cookies so if you don’t want to do have to deal with measuring out dry ingredients, grab a cake mix!
- boxed cake mix
- canola oil
- peanut butter
- white chocolate chips
You could swap out the white chocolate chips for any other variety like:
- semi sweet chocolate
- dark chocolate
- peanut butter
What cake mix can I use for this?
If you want the same flavor that I did, you’ll want to use a yellow or white cake mix.
However, you could also use a chocolate cake mix for a rich Reese’s kind of feel or you could use a spice cake mix for a comforting fall flavor. You really can’t go wrong since the flavors can go in a lot of different directions.
Can I make these with a different nut butter?
Yes! You can use another nut butter like almond or cashew butter or you could even use a sunflower seed butter.
If you are wanting a less sweet version you could try using tahini instead. I think this would be really great too!
Using a hand blender or a stand mixer means these whip up in a flash! If you don’t have either of those, don’t worry. A wooden spoon and a spatula will do a fine job of mixing along with a little bit of an arm workout.
If you are making this with your kids and are using any sort of appliance take the time to teach them some safety protocols. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- If you have long hair, make sure to have it tied back and if it’s really long, pulled up so it can’t get caught in the spinning blades
- Always set up appliances before they are plugged in so there are no injuries
- Don’t try to reach into a moving appliance. The beaters move very quickly and your fingers can get caught and twisted
See here for more tips on cooking with kids!
Other recipes you might like
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or 1 (12 oz) bag of white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix in peanut butter. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Pat the mixture into an ungreased 9 by 13 pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges. Let cool 30 minutes before serving. Store covered.