If you love banana bread and cranberries you will love these Banana Cranberry Muffins! They are a delightful mix of tart and sweet especially when topped with a little cinnamon and sugar.
These muffins are a delightful treat for breakfast. I like to make up a big batch and then freeze them for the busy week day mornings. They are easy to reheat with a quick stint in the microwave.
I especially like to make these during the winter when fresh cranberries are plentiful.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon sugar mix
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other cranberry recipes:
Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Grease 24 regular size muffin cups and set aside. In a medium bowl combine the flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, oil, and mashed bananas. Make a well in the dry mixture and add the wet mixture all at once. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the 2 cups of cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling each one 2/3s full. Lightly sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar mix. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes and then remove from baking tin.