This post contains affiliate links where I earn a small fee when purchases are made through this link. For more info see my disclosure policy.
Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes are a hearty, tart and sweet way to wake up on a fall morning with fresh cranberries and oatmeal in a breakfast classic.
I wanted to bring some fall flavors to our favorite pancakes and with #CranberryWeek this week I figured it was a good time to bring in the cranberries. I love having the oatmeal in pancakes because it gives that extra bit of hardiness to our morning meal. It helps to keep us full for longer which is important when we are all on the go and trying to shovel down food in the mornings.
Because fresh cranberries are so tart they need the additional sugar so it isn’t overpoweringly tart. Even with the additional sugar these pancakes are still a good candidate for syrup. I’m always partial to buttermilk syrup or apple syrup for pancakes. I gave some of these pancakes to my almost 1 year old and he still didn’t like the cranberries. I will say that his face when biting into a cranberry was hilarious. Whoops!
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar. Add to dry mix.
- In a medium sized bowl combine wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lumps are okay.
- Cook on a hot griddle until done, about 2 minutes per side.
See all the other recipes being shared today as part of Cranberry week – follow #cranberryweek for all the tasty cranberry creations:
- Apple Cranberry Crisp from Everyday Eileen
- Cranberry Apple Jam from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Chicken from Frugal Pantry
- Cranberry Pistachio Muffins from The Crumby Kitchen
- Cranberry Pound Cake from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Tandoori Chicken from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sparkling Bay Breeze from Family Around The Table