I love desserts! It’s a serious problem. We try to be good about not bringing in a ton and spacing them out so its more occasional. Sometimes the feeling strikes for a treat and I try to figure out if I can get by with just a smoothie. So chocolate peanut butter smoothies are popular as well as the Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie I shared a few months back.
One of my favorite desserts growing up was this no bake cherry cream cheese pie that my family always made. So with that in mind I went to work making this smoothie. It’s not quite the same since I don’t include cream cheese but it still does a good job of giving the same feeling as the pie. My kids loved it! I was a little surprised my daughter was liking it so much because she is generally kind of wary of all things new.
It’s always nice to have a light and refreshing alternative to your favorite desserts so you can indulge without the guilt!
- 5 oz pkg frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 oz. Cherry yogurt- I love the Greek varieties since they are not as sweet
- 2 rectangles/ 4 squares graham crackers
- Honey, if needed, depending on the tartness of the cherries and your preference
- scoop of ice
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 38gProtein: 9g
That’s it. I hope you enjoy!