Greek Quinoa Salad is a hearty and veggie filled dish that is a fantastic side dish and a viable main dish option!
I’ve made this Greek Quinoa Salad dozens of times over the years. I love to pair it with gyros for a hearty meal or Apple Feta Quesadillas for a meatless night. It’s a tasty way to get lots of veggies in and using quinoa gives a great protein boost. I like it even better the next day when the flavors have had a chance to meld a little bit better.
I’ve been trying to be better lately about not just making a main dish but serving up hearty side dishes like this with the main meal. It helps fill us up and means we have leftovers! We love leftovers which I know not everybody does but it’s what I send with my husband to work and what I eat during the week. I don’t like sandwiches and I would probably not eat anything if there weren’t yummy leftovers like this in the fridge!
If you wanted to serve this as a stand alone main dish you could always add some chopped or shredded chicken to it and just serve this up alongside some hearty bread and fruit for a complete meal.
So are you a leftovers hater or lover?
- 4 cups cooked couscous or 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 large red & yellow pepper each, chopped
- 1 medium sized cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced & drained
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, vinegar, oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, and oil.
- In a serving bowl, combine couscous or quinoa, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, olives, onion, and cheese. Pour dressing over and toss to coat.