My Kitchen Wishlist- Gift Ideas For The Cook In Your Life
Yesterday was my birthday and the day was spent as many other busy mothers can relate to. I had to get my daughter to school, come home and clean and prep for a fun weekend visiting my in-laws, then back off to go pick my daughter up from school, home for a quick lunch before a play date at the park, then back home for dinner, baths, and bed for the little ones while I headed off to a Parents’ Back to School Night. Not relaxing in any way but a good day all the same.
In anticipation of my birthday I’ve been thinking of all the things I would LOVE to have in my kitchen. It’s a slow process to collect what I really want and what I think is essential for my kitchen. So here are ten of MY favorite kitchen items.
*Note-These are all Amazon affiliate links*
1. Isn’t this red dutch oven just gorgeous?! Cookware and incredible looking serving dish in one.
Le Creuset Signature Round Wide 3-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven, Cherry
2. A mandoline to get those perfect even cuts. Essential for cutting anything in large quantities, like homemade fries.
Swissmar Borner V-1001 V-Slicer Plus Mandoline
3. A pasta machine because fresh pasta is so much fun and a great cooking activity to do with kids.
CucinaPro Imperia Pasta Machine
4. And since you can make fresh pasta you need one of these. Ever since I saw one of these on Master Chef: Kids I have been wanting one. You can get 12 perfectly sized ravioli in one roll. Awesome! Perfect for making a ton of ravioli for a crowd.
Norpro Ravioli Maker With Press
5. I have a Kitchen Aid but I have been dreaming of this lift stand mixer. It’s a little bit more powerful and reminds me of the giant mixers I used in college. I use mine all the time and having a bigger heavier duty one would just be fantastic. And that Aqua color is just lovely.
KitchenAid Professional Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer (Aqua Sky Blue)
6. And with a new mixer that I will use even more than the old one I definitely need one of these. This handy dandy attachment does the bowl scraping for you- no need to stop the mixer and use a spatula when making cakes or frosting. Nifty right?
Beater Blade for 5-Quart KitchenAid Bowl Lift Mixers
7. I would love to have more beautiful dishes that could do double duty like the dutch oven above. I like the pretty scalloped edges on this pie plate. It might just encourage me to triumph in my never ending battle with pie dough.
Good Cook 9 Inch Ceramic Pie Plate, Red
8. And there’s no need to cut vents in your pies with one of these dreamy pie funnels. I foresee a large collection of multi-colored pie funnels in my future.
Le Creuset Stoneware Pie Bird Funnel, Cherry
9. There is no comparison between fresh tortillas and store bought. This tortilla press cuts out the rolling and helps whip out tortillas.
Victoria Cast Iron Tortilla Press
10. And probably my next purchase is this knife sharpener. It’s so important to keep those knives sharp because a sharp knife is a safe knife!
Great List! Thanks for linking to the Creative K Tasty Tuesday party. I’ve pinned your post to the Tasty Tuesday board.
Your list inspired me to create one for my upcoming birthday, too! Mine would be all kitchen stuff also. I need a Kitchen Aid and a pasta maker for sure! Great list, thanks for sharing on #merrymonday 🙂
I so want that kitchen aid mixer, but there’s nothing wrong with mine so I can’t justify it! I’m pinning Thanks for joining us at #MerryMonday
That’s a pretty awesome kitchen wish list. I think I would join you on the pasta maker!!
Happy belated birthday too 🙂
Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.
You will LOVE that mixer so much. I broke down and bought one for myself finally a few years ago.
Yay! I’m so glad you love it Maureen. Maybe I can get it for Christmas!
Love the tortilla press!! Think that will be going on my wish list!!
I debated for a long time about the real need for a tortilla press but I HATE rolling them out individually but LOVE homemade ones. Anything that makes it easier to make the things you love is worth it in my book.