This post contains affiliate links where I earn a small fee when purchases are made through this link. For more info see my disclosure policy.
Pork chops with mushroom gravy is an easy comfort food recipe with an easy homemade gravy made with a surprise ingredient, Greek yogurt.
My dad has always made a version of this where he breaded the pork chops and cooked those then used cream of mushroom soup for the gravy but I wanted to simplify the cooking of the pork chops and I really love fresh mushrooms over canned. I’ve tweaked and tweaked this recipe until it is what it is now. Oh man is it delicious comfort food! I’m a meat and potatoes kind of girl and this totally hits the spot.
This is my favorite method for cooking pork chops because it means dinner gets on the table sooner. You quickly sear the chops and then finish them in the oven so you free yourself up to make something else! My favorite pan to use for searing is my 12 inch cast iron pan. I like to pair this with regular mashed potatoes and broccoli for a classic meal or changing it up a bit and doing sweet potato mash and Parmesan Garlic Green Beans for a real flavor packed meal.
And make sure to take a peek at this pork chop recipe this time with nectarines! And if you still need more pork chop recipes check out these:
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 1-inch boneless center cut pork chops
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat with the olive oil. Season your pork chops with salt and pepper. Sear the pork chops in the skillet for 2 minutes per side, or until browned and caramelized.
- Transfer the pork chops to a cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- In same skillet as the pork chops, add the 2 Tbsp unsalted butter and the mushrooms and onions. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes until the onions are soft and both are beginning to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Remove mushroom mixture to a bowl and keep warm.
- Again in the same pan, melt the 1/4 cup butter. Add the flour and stir until slightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in beef broth and cook while whisking constantly until thickened, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add Greek yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushroom mixture to the gravy and bring to serving temperature.
- Serve gravy with pork chops and mashed potatoes.
This recipe originally appeared on It’s A Keeper