Last Updated on
Pork Chops with Nectarine Sauce is a delightful blend of sweet and smokey whether the pork chops are grilled or pan fried. An unusual pairing results in a fresh twist on a classic pork chops.
We had some of THE best tasting nectarines last week. Coupled with all of the Iron Chef America and Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives I have been watching with my kids I thought we should try something a little different with our pork chops. And I am SOOO glad that I did. The nectarine sauce gave a nice sweet and bright flavor without overpowering the pork. And every ingredient other than the nectarines is a pantry staple and it came together so quickly. You can totally make the pork on the grill for the summer and it would be equally amazing. I actually prefer my meat grilled so grilled pork chops with nectarine sauce sounds even better!
You could also try this with peaches since both peaches and nectarines are in season and I think it would still taste fabulous. The sweet fruit is a great contrast to the smokey salt of the pork. Even my skeptical husband was wary until his first bite. His only wish was that I had made more sauce!
We paired the pork chops with some classic baked potatoes and broccoli but I think the pork chops would pair really nice with Parmesan Garlic Green Beans and it would compliment the nectarine sauce. Other great pork chop variations that are a bit unusual are Cajun Pork Chops with Apple Relish and Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Pork. For a more classic pork chop recipe try Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy.
What is your favorite pork recipe?
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Pork Chops with Nectarine Sauce
Pork Chops with Warm Nectarine Sauce
- 2 lbs bone in pork chops
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 nectarines chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Combine pork rub ingredients in a small bowl. Rub onto pork chops.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and quickly sear on each side, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer pork chops to a rimmed baking sheet and bake in an oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from oven and tent with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using the same pan that you seared the pork chops in, heat a tsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add nectarines and garlic to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and reduce heat to low or medium low. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until the nectarines are soft and the liquid has reduced.