This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Cute Halloween desserts don’t get any cuter than these easy and adorable Purple People Eater Cupcakes covered in purple frosting and purple sprinkles. Kids cannot wait to get their little hands on one!
We are more of a cute Halloween family that a spooky scary one. So when I set out to make Halloween themed cupcakes I put on a playlist of music to help me be inspired. The song Purple People Eater came on and it seemed like the perfect addition to the Frankenstein Cupcake Cake and the Harry Potter Themed Cupcakes.
These Purple People Eater cupcakes are quick to put together other with just a few ingredients. Younger children may not be terribly familiar with the song but they will love these adorably cute monsters that are just begging to be gobbled up!
Ingredients you need to make Purple People Eater Halloween Cupcakes:
- Cupcakes from a prepared cake mix, flavor your choice
- Buttercream frosting (make your own using butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk)
- Purple food coloring
- Large Wilton candy eyes
- Purple jimmie sprinkles
- Brach’s Green candy corn
You could easily make these plain monster cupcakes by switching up the colors of the frosting and the sprinkles. You could do green, blue, red, orange, and yellow monsters very easily. Vary up the look of the monsters by giving some monsters 2 or more eyes as well.
How To Decorate Purple People Eater Halloween Cupcakes:
- Place a large candy eye onto the cupcake.
- Fill a small bowl or cupcake liner with purple jimmie sprinkles. Carefully dip cupcakes into the bowl.
- Cover as much of the cupcake as you can with the sprinkles.
- Press a green candy corn into the cupcake above the eye to make a horn.
- Repeat for the remaining cupcakes.
That’s it! Sweet and simple!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- Halloween Frankenstein Cupcake Cake
- Easy Black Cat Brownies
- Easy Harry Potter themed Cupcakes
- Harry Potter inspired Pumpkin Pasties
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- 24 cupcakes flavor your choice
- 3 cups Buttercream frosting
- Purple food coloring
- 24 Large Wilton candy eyes
- 1 1/2 cups Purple jimmie sprinkles
- 24 Brach's Green candy corn
- Add purple food coloring one drop at a time until you reach the color purple you would like. Frost each cupcake with approximately 2 Tbsp of buttercream per cupcake.
- Place a large candy eye onto each cupcake.
- Fill a small bowl or cupcake liner with purple jimmie sprinkles. Carefully dip each cupcake into the bowl. Cover as much of the cupcake as you can with the sprinkles.
- Press a green candy corn into the cupcake above the eye to make a horn. Repeat for the remaining cupcakes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
- Caramel Chocolate Green Monster Cupcakes from I am a Honey Bee
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cheeseball from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Bloody Ice Cream Sundaes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Fruit Punch from Everyday Eileen
- Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
- Pumpkin Candy Bucket Cake from For the Love of Food
- Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Icebox Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Scary Caramel Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
- Eyeball Halloween Cupcakes from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Frankenstein Cake Pops from The Redhead Baker
- Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseball from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Cakesickles from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
- Caramel Apple Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
- Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
- Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Spooky Shortbread Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.