Cute Halloween desserts don’t get any cuter than these easy and adorable Purple People Eater Cupcakes covered in purple frosting and purple sprinkles. Kids cannot wait to get their little hands on one!
We are more of a cute Halloween family that a spooky scary one. So when I set out to make Halloween themed cupcakes I put on a playlist of music to help me be inspired. The song Purple People Eater came on and it seemed like the perfect addition to the Frankenstein Cupcake Cake and the Harry Potter Themed Cupcakes.
These Purple People Eater cupcakes are quick to put together other with just a few ingredients. Younger children may not be terribly familiar with the song but they will love these adorably cute monsters that are just begging to be gobbled up!
- Cupcakes from a prepared cake mix, flavor your choice
- Buttercream frosting (make your own using butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, milk)
- Purple food coloring
- Large Wilton candy eyes
- Purple jimmie sprinkles
- Brach’s Green candy corn
You could easily make these plain monster cupcakes by switching up the colors of the frosting and the sprinkles. You could do green, blue, red, orange, and yellow monsters very easily. Vary up the look of the monsters by giving some monsters 2 or more eyes as well.
How to make this
- Place a large candy eye onto the cupcake.
- Fill a small bowl or cupcake liner with purple jimmie sprinkles. Carefully dip cupcakes into the bowl.
- Cover as much of the cupcake as you can with the sprinkles.
- Press a green candy corn into the cupcake above the eye to make a horn.
- Repeat for the remaining cupcakes.
That’s it! Sweet and simple and adorable Purple People Eater cupcakes. Get your playlist going and have fun!
Other Halloween recipes you might like
- Halloween Frankenstein Cupcake Cake
- Easy Black Cat Brownies
- Easy Harry Potter themed Cupcakes
- Cute Halloween Ghost Meringues
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cheeseball
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
- 24 cupcakes flavor your choice
- 3 cups Buttercream frosting
- Purple food coloring
- 24 Large Wilton candy eyes
- 1 1/2 cups Purple jimmie sprinkles
- 24 Brach’s Green candy corn
- Add purple food coloring one drop at a time until you reach the color purple you would like. Frost each cupcake with approximately 2 Tbsp of buttercream per cupcake.
- Place a large candy eye onto each cupcake.
- Fill a small bowl or cupcake liner with purple jimmie sprinkles. Carefully dip each cupcake into the bowl. Cover as much of the cupcake as you can with the sprinkles.
- Press a green candy corn into the cupcake above the eye to make a horn. Repeat for the remaining cupcakes.