In my quest to get my family to eat vegetables (hubby included) I’ve had to make some concessions. Adding a little bit of sweetness, like honey, to this dish will at least entice my picky eater to try it. It’s a compromise I was willing to make. She tried it and it’s one of the few veggies she loves.
I really like this dish. It’s one I make fairly often because it is a quick and easy side using ingredients I always have on hand. My hubby loves it and that’s always a good reason to make it. I like that it gives just a hint of sweetness and really helps the spices stick to it. It’s my go-to when making a dish to bring. I brought it to Thanksgiving at my parent’s house and it was a big hit again. I made a triple batch and there was none left! That always makes me happy.
These carrots are a nice contrast to our other favorite side dish Parmesan Garlic Green Beans. Where that one is really savory, this dish is more sweet. It’s good to keep some variety in the veggies so that not everything tastes the same.
Simple Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 lb ready to eat baby carrots or peeled and cut regular carrots , my kids love rainbow carrots
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- Cook carrots, in a covered saucepan, in a small amount of water for 8 to 10 minutes. Or steam carrots for 8 to 10 minutes. I like mine with a little bite to them still so I tend to do 8 minutes. Drain water.
- Add butter, honey, and Italian seasoning to pan and cook over low heat until everything is melted and combined. Salt and pepper to taste.