Everyone can enjoy this easy vegetarian dinner that has 5 minutes of prep time. These Teriyaki Veggie Burgers are paired with brown rice, sugar snap peas, and grilled pineapple for a hearty and healthy main dish.
Whenever we have family gatherings it’s become a bit of a challenge to meet everyone’s dietary preferences and needs. My sister and her girlfriend are vegan, my brother’s girlfriend is vegetarian, and then there is my meat loving family to satisfy as well.
Although it’s not impossible to come up with lots of different options for everyone I really prefer for everyone to eat the same meal without too much extra work for me. Choosing an old favorite and just swapping out one of the ingredients means I can accomplish all of that.
Overall, these are a great healthier option for dinner! Everyone in my family gave the green light to eat these burgers again and again. These may be my new go to for am easy to prepare weeknight dinner, and especially when my sister comes over for dinner.
What goes with teriyaki burgers?
For this teriyaki burger bowl, I paired it with brown rice, fresh grilled pineapple, and sauteed sugar snap peas.
Other good veggie options would be steamed broccoli, stir fry veggies, or even sauteed green beans.
If you’re not a brown rice fan you could use regular sticky rice, Basmati or jasmine rice as well.
I marinated the burgers for 30 minutes in the teriyaki sauce and that was plenty of time to have the sauce penetrate the burgers. Just rotate the burgers about halfway through the time if you are using a bowl instead of a shallow dish.
I sautéed the sugar snap peas with a little bit of canola oil until they were lightly browned in spots. You could also sauté them with some minced fresh ginger or garlic or both!
Other recipes you might like
Should I grill fresh or canned pineapple slices?
Although you can grill canned pineapple slices, I think the best flavor comes from grilling fresh pineapple and it’s so easy too.
- I used a nifty pineapple slicer to core it and give me a nice spiral.
- Then I cut all the way down where the spiral starts so it gave me a bunch of pineapple circles.
- Finally I just grilled them up just like that for 3-4 minutes per side until grill marks appear. The natural sugars in the pineapple give it a great flavor without adding anything extra.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- 4 MorningStar® Farms Meat Lovers Burgers
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade
- 8 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 whole pineapple cored and sliced
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- In a shallow pan or bowl, place the Meat Lovers Burgers and cover with teriyaki sauce. Let sit for 20-30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, core and cut pineapple into slices. The best way to do this is to use a pineapple corer and slicer tool.
- Preheat grill to medium. Remove burgers from marinade and shake the extra sauce off. Place on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Also grill the pineapple for 3-4 minutes on each side or until nice grill marks appear.
- To serve, add rice to bowls and top with sugar snap peas, grilled pineapple, and teriyaki Meat Lovers Burgers. Drizzle extra teriyaki marinade over the top, if desired. Serve warm.