For the first 3 months we lived in our new place I lived the battle of the oven. It was supposed to be a brand new oven but it worked once or twice and then quit. It only would get up to about 200 degrees or so. Great for keeping things warm not so much for cooking.
So I was constantly trying to come up with dishes that I could make in the slow cooker or the stove top. I love my crock pot but of course I really wanted Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken but that needed to be made in the oven not in the slow cooker. After trying to figure it out for a few days I came across a recipe on pinterest where she made chicken wings in the slow cooker and then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up. Brilliant! So I was off to make some yummy sticky (and crispy!) chicken. Last minute I decided to add in a little bit of pineapple juice just to change things up a bit. I’m glad I did because it was a big hit with the kiddos.
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 lbs bone in chicken breasts, drumsticks, or thighs
- green onions, chopped
- Combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey and pineapple juice in a bowl.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and pour sauce over chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving sauce, and place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and place under a preheated broiler for 4-5 minutes or until chicken skin has become crisp.
- Add 1 Tbsp cornstarch to a small sauce pan and whisk as you slowly add the sauce. Cook over medium-high heat just until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and sprinkle with green onions.