In my quest to get my family to eat vegetables (hubby included) I’ve had to make some concessions. Adding a little bit of sweetness, like honey, to this dish will at least entice my picky eater to try it. It’s a compromise I was willing to make. She tried it and it’s one of the few veggies she loves.
I really like this dish. It’s one I make fairly often because it is a quick and easy side using ingredients I always have on hand. My hubby loves it and that’s always a good reason to make it. I like that it gives just a hint of sweetness and really helps the spices stick to it. It’s my go-to when making a dish to bring. I brought it to Thanksgiving at my parent’s house and it was a big hit again. I made a triple batch and there was none left! That always makes me happy.
- 1 lb ready to eat baby carrots or peeled and cut regular carrots, my kids love rainbow carrots
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- Cook carrots, in a covered saucepan, in a small amount of water for 8 to 10 minutes. Or steam carrots for 8 to 10 minutes. I like mine with a little bite to them still so I tend to do 8 minutes. Drain water.
- Add butter, honey, and Italian seasoning to pan and cook over low heat until everything is melted and combined. Salt and pepper to taste.