Last Updated on
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This easy salad is big on flavor with tart apples, salty bacon, and savory goat cheese with mixed greens and a simple homemade honey mustard dressing.
Don’t miss out on entering in the AppleWeek giveaway.
I love the amazing salads that you can get at restaurants but I used to rarely make them at home. Then I realized how easy they were to make at home and I felt silly that I had been missing out all these years.
This salad checks off all the boxes- the tart apples, salty bacon, savory goat cheese, and slightly sweet dressing are an amazing combination! I made it for my in-laws once and figured I should make a double batch. They usually don’t eat much so I wasn’t too worried. I was shocked when everyone came back for seconds!
What apples would be good for this salad?
Any of the more tart apples that are similar to granny smith like Braeburn, Cortland, Empire, Jonathan, McIntosh, or Pink Lady will work well in green salads.
Some tips and tricks
Slice the apples nice and thin, I used the Swiss Diamond paring knife which is perfect for this quick task. Thick apples will be harder to spear along with salad and no one wants flying apples at the dinner table.
Also, I like to use the Costco precooked bacon pieces for dishes like this so I don’t have to spend a ton of time cooking bacon. I keep it in the freezer and take out just what I need. Microwave or pan fry briefly and you are all set.
Lastly, goat cheese is very sticky. I like to try and break mine up before I open the package so I don’t end up with a ton of goat cheese stuck to my fingers. It’s good for threatening to touch your children but depending on your personality that might not be your thing.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
What to eat with Apple Bacon and Goat Cheese Salad?
Try these great pairings:
- 30 Minute Potato Bacon Chowder
- 90 Minute Parmesan Rosemary Rolls
- Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Pork Roast
Apple Bacon and Goat Cheese Salad
Apple Bacon and Goat Cheese Salad
- 1/4 cup bacon chopped
- 10 oz spring salad mix
- 1 granny smith apple thinly sliced
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
For Honey Mustard salad dressing:
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, place salad mix, sliced apples, crumbled goat cheese, and bacon crumbles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing ingredients until oil is fully incorporated and doesn't immediately separate.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- 1-Pot Apple Sausage Meatballs by Books n’ Cooks
- ABC Sheet Pan Dinner by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Apple Bourbon Float by Our Good Life
- Apple Butter Overnight Chia Oatmeal by Love and Confections
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Apple Cinnamon Layer Cake with Brown Butter Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Apple Cornbread Cakelets by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Crumble Muffins by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Noodle Kugel by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pie Dip by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Pie Donuts by Daily Dish Recipes
- Apple Pie Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Apple Pork Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Cranberry Crock Pot Stuffing by West Via Midwest
- Baked Chai-Spiced Apple Chips by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Beet Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette by Caroline’s Cooking
- Butterscotch Harvest Cake by Tip Garden
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Frozen Custard by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Cold Apple Cider with Caramel Infused Rum by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Creamy Blue Cheese & Sliced Apple Crostini by Who Needs a Cape?
- Deconstructed Chocolate Caramel Mini Apple Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Deconstructed Skillet Apple Dumplings by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fall Panzanella Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze by Soulfully Made
- German Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting by Cooking With Carlee
- Glazed Spiced Apple Cider Cookies by Savory Moments
- Hasselback Apples by Kate’s Recipe Box
- PB Apple Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skillet Apple and Sausage Stuffing Recipe by Lemon Blossoms
- Skinny Apple Crisp by The Saucy Fig
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter by Shockingly Delicious
- One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Cinnamon by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Out of This World Apple Cake by Family Around the Table