This post contains affiliate links where I earn a small fee when purchases are made through this link. For more info see my disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Pork is a flavorful and easy main dish that can be easily re-purposed into other dishes. It’s my contribution to this years #Crocktober. There’s quite the variety of dishes in this year’s events. To see them all find them at the bottom of this post.
I’ve been working on creating recipes that are really quick, use just a few ingredients, and/ or the leftovers can be reused in a different way to create a whole new meal. This pork combines some of my favorite flavors, garlic and balsamic vinegar, with my favorite kitchen appliance- the slow cooker!
To make the fresh herb rub you could use a food processor or mini food processor which would only take a minute but I chose to chop it up by hand just to make sure it would work. I used a rocking motion with a big chefs knife and went over it 5 or 6 times to get it chopped the way I wanted it.
The pork is so flavorful that I was sneaking several bits of it before dinner. I prefer to use a pork shoulder roast when using the slow cooker because it shreds really well and doesn’t end up dry like a pork loin roast often does. That’s why it’s my go to choice for the Pineapple Pork Carnitas, Kalua Pork, or Sweet & Spicy Pork Mini Nachos.
Because this recipe makes a lot I decided to use the leftovers in BBQ pork sandwiches and they would also be fantastic in Baked Chimichangas which my family adores. Recipes like this are always good to have in the rotation because you can easily get 2-3 meals from one simple recipe which saves tons of time in the kitchen.
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Pork
Slow Cooker Garlic Balsamic Pork is a flavorful and easy main dish that can be easily re-purposed into other dishes.
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 4 lb pork shoulder roast boneless
- 2 Tbsp additional balsamic vinegar optional
Chop the oregano leaves and combine the first 6 ingredients. Place pork roast in slow cooker.Rub the mixture over the pork roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.Shred the meat and toss with the additional balsamic vinegar, if desired. Pairs wonderfully with rice.
Leftover meat can be tossed with BBQ sauce or add sauteed veggies and potates for several different meals.
#Crocktober: Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Braised Beef Shank Pasta Sauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crockpot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Crock Pot Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip from Take Two Tapas
- CrockPot Lazy Cabbage Rolls from Tip Garden
- Korean-Style Beef Tacos from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Garlic Pork from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders with Dill Pickle Slaw from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Slow Cooker Ham, Potato and Cheddar Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crockpot Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice