This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
An easy one pot chicken dinner of oven roasted Jamaican Jerk chicken cooked on top of diced plantains, sweet potatoes, and apples.
I’ve been making a lot more internationally inspired dishes lately. This is usually how I have cooked but for some reason I had gotten away from it. Now that I’ve been cooking more diverse meals my family, and I, have been a lot more excited for dinner.
This is my first post for appleweek so be on the lookout for the rest of the recipes and don’t forget to enter into the appleweek giveaway!
This one pot dinner is a piece of cake to make. Dice all the vegetables and fruits, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Season the chicken and lay that over the top of the produce mix and stick it all in the oven. Easy peasy!
I love enameled cast iron cookware like this gorgeous pan from Swiss Diamond. They are easier to care for than traditional cast iron but they cook just as well as their un-coated counterparts.
Plus, I’ll admit that I adore the rich colors you can get them in. I might have swooned just a bit over this true blue color since it’s my favorite color.
Plantains are in the same family as bananas, but they are less sweet and quite a bit starchier than bananas. They are very popular in tropical and Latin cuisines. The riper they become, which you can tell by how black their peel becomes, the sweeter they are.
Other produce combinations for Jamaican Jerk chicken:
Some other good options for this dish are butternut squash, fresh pumpkin, and mangoes. You can serve this dish by itself or serve it atop rice if you need something else to go with it.
Also, if you desire, you could season the chicken and then brown it before adding it to the pot. I chose not to but that may just because I am lazy more so than anything else.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other AppleWeek recipes: (will update as the week goes on)
Apple Bacon Goat Cheese Salad
Apple Spice Poke Cake
Chai Spiced Apple Waffles
Baked Cinnamon Apple Doughnuts
Cinnamon Apple Iced Oatmeal Doughnuts
One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken
One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts cut into 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 3 plantains diced
- 2 apples diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place diced sweet potatoes, plantains, apples, onion, and garlic in dutch oven. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Season each chicken breast with 1/2 tsp of Jamaican Jerk seasoning on each side. Place chicken in dutch oven over the vegetable mix.
- Bake chicken and veggies for 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy