This Bacon and Jalapeno Cheese Log is an easy appetizer with a little bit of heat and a lot of bacon with creamy cheese for a delicious and easy cheese spread.
If your family loves cheese as much as my family does then you should love this Bacon and Jalapeno Cheese Log! I love jalapeno poppers and wanted to include some of those classic flavors in a way that I could share with a crowd without slaving away for hours in the kitchen. I’m pretty sure that has become my new mantra- “Feed the masses with less time in the kitchen!” I feel like I should make that into a banner. Who knows? Maybe I will! Haha. Be on the lookout!
If you don’t want to have to cook up bacon you can use real bacon crumbles to save even more time. This has some heat but it’s not over powering. Sauteing the jalapenos mellows the heat some but make sure to scrape the seeds out with a spoon to reduce the heat the most.
If you are still really worried about the heat you can decrease the number of jalapenos but my mother who doesn’t like spicy things took a chance on trying the Bacon and Jalapeno cheese log and she loved it.
I like to make this the night before and then reheat the bacon in the microwave to throw on top right before serving that way it is crispy when everyone is eating it. Some other great appetizers that I like to share during parties are Chicken, Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants and Easy Mini Spinach Calzones for a good variety of options.
Bacon and Jalapeno Cheese Log Appetizer
- 2 pkgs. cream cheese softened
- 3 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 jalapenos diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2-3 green onions chopped optional
- crackers for serving
- In a saute pan, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and jalapenos and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown.
- Spread jalapeno-onion mixture onto a piece of parchment or waxed paper to cool.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat cream cheese till soft and smooth. Add Mexican style cheese and beat to mix. Add cooled jalapeno-onion mixture and 3/4 of the bacon crumbles. Briefly beat to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a rough log shape onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Sprinkle remaining bacon crumbles and green onions, if using, over the top of the cheese log. As tightly as possible, wrap plastic wrap around the cheese log and press into shape.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with your favorite crackers.