This post contains affiliate links where I earn a small fee when purchases are made through this link. For more info see my disclosure policy.
Easy Mini Spinach Calzones is a tasty appetizer with a creamy Parmesan spinach filling that is a crowd pleaser for game day.
These mini calzones are full of creamy cheesy goodness in a pizza dough square package. These are appetizers that everyone will like including the kids. My kiddos ate a whole mess of these when I made them. If I had know this was all it took to get my kids to eat spinach I would have made them a whole lot sooner. I used to make these all the time but for some reason I have never made them for my kids. Seriously regretting that now! Sometimes I am so surprised by what my kids eat, and don’t eat. Does that ever happen to you?
To make the mini spinach calzones, I rolled out the pizza dough into a big square. I cut them into twenty 2-inch squares and used a mini cookie scoop to add the filling to them. If you don’t have a mini cookie scoop its approximately 2 teaspoons of filling. The cookie scoop makes it really easy to quickly fill the pizza dough squares.
I served these up with some lighter spicy buffalo chicken thighs and rice for dinner. For game day, I would add Slow Cooker Honey Chinese Chicken and Goldfish Cracker Crusted Baked Chicken for savory options. For dessert you could include a bunch of Mini Cheesecakes (and they don’t necessarily have to be in a flag).
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Easy Mini Spinach Calzones
- 1 prepared pizza dough
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Spaghetti or marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the spinach, minced onion, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and beat to combine.
Roll pizza dough out into a large square. Cut into 20 squares (equal to 4 horizontal cuts and 5 vertical cuts).
Using a mini cookie scoop, put a scoop of spinach filling onto each square. A mini cookie scoop is approximately 2 tsp. Fold the squares in half and pinch the edges to seal.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. If desired serve with spaghetti or marinara sauce for dipping.
Football Party Finger Food #SundaySupper
Finger-licking Football Party Finger Food
- Apple Kielbasa Stack by The Freshman Cook
- Asian Style Chicken Lettuce Wraps by What Smells So Good?
- Bacon Wrapped Pickle Spears by Our Good Life
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Bites with Blue Cheese Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Candied Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Copycat Hooter’s Fried Pickles by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Pesto Palmiers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- French Onion Dip by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Jamaican Beef Patties by Cricket’s Confections
Flavorful Football Party Finger Food
- Grilled Jalapeno Poppers by Simple and Savory
- Mini Spinach Calzones by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Pigs In A Blanket by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Popcorn Chicken 3 Ways by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smokey Spiced Nuts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Fingers with Salsa-Ranch Dipping Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Totchos by Palatable Pastime
- How to Make Potato Skinsby Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.