This post contains affiliate links where I earn a small fee when purchases are made through this link. For more info see my disclosure policy.
You will not believe how crazy easy this No Bake Key Lime Pie is. It’s a little tangy, a little sweet, and so simple you can make it and eat it tonight.
This no bake key lime pie recipe I got from a church youth leader I had when I was in high school. I used to make it all the time because my husband loves key lime pie but he never really liked this version and could never tell me why. Finally one time he finally figured out what it was- he thought it was too sweet. Then, I tried making my own graham cracker crust and leaving the sugar out that most recipes add in but to no avail. So my poor trusty key lime pie recipe sat in my files for years. Until now!
After sitting unloved for so many years I decided to dust it off for Pi Day because it is so ridiculously easy it didn’t feel right to sit on it any longer. And after making a chocolate chip cookie dough cake last week I had a half can of sweetened condensed milk sitting in my fridge. That’s when it dawned on me how to make the cake less sweet (seriously, I needed a Gibbs smack to the back of the head there), use less condensed milk!
He was much happier with the resulting tangy taste and I was much happier with the texture of the pie which had always tended to be a little runny when I was trying to add extra key lime juice to make it more tart (insert second Gibbs smack). Now it holds its shape much more like my Vanilla Pudding Pie. I choose to not add green food coloring but you totally can if you want. The shredded coconut is also optional but we liked the extra texture it added to the cake. And really lime + coconut (cue the song…).
Moral of the story, if you want this key lime pie to be even more tart, decrease the amount of sweetened condensed milk before you increase the key lime juice. If you’d like it to be a little sweeter the original recipe called for at least 12 ounces of cool whip and 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Start by adding a little more of the condensed milk up to the full can. It’s something I do need to revisit with my No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie which can have a similar runny issue to it but honestly it doesn’t really bother me because they both taste SOOO good.
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Crazy Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie
You will not believe how crazy easy this No Bake Key Lime Pie is. It's a little tangy, a little sweet, and so simple you can make it and eat it tonight.
- 3/8 cup key lime juice (3/8 equal to 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp)
- 12 oz cool whip thawed
- 1/2 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Green food coloring optional
- 18 rectangles graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
Crush graham crackers until very fine. I find this works best in a food processor but you can also a rolling pin and a Ziploc bag. If using a food processor, add the melted butter to the crushed graham crackers and process until it is completely combined. If using the rolling pin method, pour the graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and then add the melted butter. Mix well.
Combine the key lime juice, thawed cool whip, and the 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk. Whip it until smooth and pour into the prepared crust.
Chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.
If desired, toast coconut in a pan over medium high heat stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Just before serving top with toasted coconut.
Here’s the rest of the pi(e) day recipes for your enjoyment!
Pi Day Pie Recipes
- Beef Stew Pot Pie with Homemade Puff Pastry Topping by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Brownie Mint Pie by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Chocolate Mint Pie by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Velvet Pie with Meringue Crust by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Streusel Topped Carrot Pie by Cooking With Carlee
- Coconut Chess Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
- Crazy Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Cupcake Tin Mini Pies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Easy Buttermilk Pie Recipe by West Via Midwest
- Easy Lemon Pie by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Individual Chicken Pot Pies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Lamb, Basmati Rice, and Grape Leaf Pi(e) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mini Custard Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pies by Cookaholic Wife
- Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie by Everyday Eileen
- Shamrock Shake Pie by Kate’s Recipe Bow
- Smoked Salmon and Herb Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Torta Pascualina (Spinach Ricotta Pie) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Upside Down Apple Pie by Jolene’s Recipe Journal