It takes just 3 ingredients and 20 minutes to make these easy chocolate peanut butter croissants.
In high school I had what’s called early morning seminary. It started at 5:50 am and we would study the scriptures learning more about the historical background of the scriptures, understanding the context, and working to gain a better understanding of how those scriptures apply to us. It was a lot and I’ll admit I didn’t always get out as much as I could have from it. Sometimes on the way home we would stop at the donut store and get chocolate croissants. I wanted to throw back to those early mornings and decided to make up some easy chocolate peanut butter croissants.
I’ve been watching the Great British Bake Off and the Masterclass episodes and I know that real croissants would be so much better from scratch but honestly that is just way more than I can handle at the moment. So I dressed up store bought croissants (kind of like I did with the Spinach Feta Breakfast Croissants) and they were still incredibly yummy even if they aren’t hand made. They didn’t last very long once my family saw them and that’s okay by me. I also love how quickly they cook up. Breaking the croissants apart while still warm to see that melty chocolate peanut butter goodness made me so happy. Chocolate is definitely one of the ways to my heart.
This is my contribution to this month’s Ultimate Recipe Challenge- Chocolate! Make sure to check out all of the other incredible chocolate dishes! I’ve got several more chocolate recipes but if you’re game to try a savory chocolate dish make sure to try Mole Chicken Enchiladas!
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Croissants
- 1 package canned croissants 8 ct
- 2 1.55 oz packages dark chocolate divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll croissants and spread 1 Tbsp peanut butter over the top of each unrolled croissant triangle Place one row of chocolate at the large end of the croissant triangle.
- Carefully roll up the croissant around the chocolate.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before eating.