Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Chinese Style Chicken
Sweet and sticky Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken made with teriyaki sauce, hoisin, honey, and orange marmalade gets crispy from a brief stint under the broiler.
The flavor is killer on these! The skin was nice and crisp and this sauce is really delicious, just the right balance of sweet with just a hint of spiciness.
Want to make Asian food more exciting for your kids? Check out my guide on making kid friendly Asian food
Ingredients you need:
- teriyaki marinade
- hoisin sauce
- orange marmalade
- green onion
- sesame seeds
How do you make crispy Honey Chinese Chicken?
- In the slow cooker, combine teriyaki marinade, honey, hoisin, and orange marmalade.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and toss to coat.
- Cook on low for 3-5 hours.
- To get them crisp, remove from the chicken from the sauce and place them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes per side and the skin crisps up very nicely.
- Top with sesame seeds and sliced green onions, if desired.
Why make Honey Chinese Chicken in the slow cooker?
I make these in the slow cooker over baking or grilling. There is no worrying about if they are cooked or not. No need to add a marinating time. Just throw it all in and let it cook!
What to serve with Honey Chinese Chicken?
Honey Chinese chicken makes the perfect addition to a Hawaiian plate lunch. Serve it up with:
- White Rice
- Edamame, sugar snap peas, and/ or snow peas
- Real Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
Can you make this as a freezer meal?
The great folks at Once A Month Meals have all the details on how to turn this into a freezer meal.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other Asian inspired main dishes you may like:
- Asian Salmon in foil
- Thai Style Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl
- Instant Pot Chinese Pork Shoulder Soup
- Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs
Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Combine teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, and orange marmalade in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken drumsticks to slow cooker and press down so they are covered with sauce.
- Cook on low for 3-5 hours.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a cookie sheet. Bake under broiler for 2-3 minutes per side to crisp up the chicken.
- Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
If preparing in oven:
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, turning pieces over and basting with pan juices after 30 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds before serving.
I will be using this recipe a lot, I have 3 older sons and a son-in-law, chicken legs are easy to eat. And with your sauce, they will be perfect!! The crockpot, double bonus.
Yum, these look so delicious. I have some chicken wings waiting to be used in the freezer – this might have to be it, as sure this would work with wings too, right?
My biggest recent learning experience has been to realize that my new pots and pans new much less heat than the old ones. Lots of adjustments in the cooking temp and times. PS. Your chicken sounds fantastic!
Jade–this is so flavorful! My whole family would love it!
OH YUM!!! THis looks soooo good!
Oh my husband will just love these!
Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays.