Last Updated on
A creamy peanut butter base topped with a simple melted chocolate topping creates an easy homemade no bake Reese’s knockoff.
I’ve been making these no bake peanut butter bars since I was given the recipe in high school. My husband prefers them to the actual Reese’s and I can’t blame him!
These bars are extremely addictive so fair warning. It’s a battle to not eat the whole batch at once. Placing them in the freezer may slightly slow consumption but that’s not guaranteed.
How to make no bake peanut butter bars?
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs or use store bought graham cracker crumbs.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter.
- Freeze to set the peanut butter mixture. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in microwave.
- Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Chill to set the chocolate.
- Cut into squares and serve
How to store the peanut butter bars?
Cut the bars into squares and keep refrigerated. You can place the no bake peanut butter bars in freezer to store long term.
Allow to sit after removing from the fridge or freezer. The chocolate layer will be very hard if you try to eat it when frozen.
Placing the squares in between sheets of waxed paper makes it easier to eat just one (at least that’s what I always tell myself) and allows the pieces to thaw sooner. If you do not want to pre cut the bars into squares, give the pan time to warm up before trying to cut. The chocolate will crack if you try to cut it straight from the fridge which doesn’t affect taste but it does affect the look.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other tasty no bake treats:
- No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
- No Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie (without jello)
- No Bake Mini Cheesecakes
- Almond Joy No Bake Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars (Homemade Reese’s)
Homemade Reese's (No Bake Peanut Butter Bars)
For peanut butter base
- 15 graham crackers
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
For chocolate topping
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a food processor, place graham crackers and process on high until it becomes like bread crumbs. You do not want any large chunks of graham crackers.
- To food processor, add peanut butter, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Process until fully combined and one smooth mixture.
- Press peanut butter mixture into a 9 by 9 pan. Using a rubber spatula or waxed paper works best to press it into the corners. Place the entire pan in the freezer for at least 10 minutes or until the peanut butter mixture has set.
- While the peanut butter mixture is chilling, place chocolate chips in a microwave proof bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for an additional 10 seconds. Repeat the process until the chocolate is completely melted and no lumps remain.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the melted chocolate over the top. Return to the freezer for about 10 minutes until the chocolate has cooled.
- Remove from freezer and cut into squares to serve. Keep refrigerated.
- Chocolate Brownie Cake by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Pecan Bars by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Cream Cheese Brownies starting with a Box Mix by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Dark Magic Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Easy Salted Caramel Brownies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Egg-Less, Butter-Less, Chocolate Ragi Brownie by Cook with Renu
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by Food Lust People Love
- Milk Chocolate Sour Cream Cake Brownies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- No Bake Reese’s Bars by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Nutella S’Mores Bars by Palatable Pastime
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars by Cookaholic Wife
- Peppermint Patty Brownie Bites by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pineapple Bars by Simply Inspired Meals
- Triangle Delight Bars by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking