You can make this easy no bake peanut butter pie in about 30 minutes. The creamy peanut butter filling is made WITHOUT cream cheese, poured into a homemade Oreo crust, and topped with a silky chocolate ganache and chopped Reese’s.
What readers say
“THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I’m sick of finding recipes that have cream cheese. I was SO relieved to see that this doesn’t have it. Seriously, you have no clue.“
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite combos of all time and this peanut butter pie is a total show stopper! We love making Homemade No Bake Reese’s but there is something so special about this peanut butter pie.
This pie is incredibly rich, so rich that all my kids left a few bites of their slices which was pretty shocking. So just note that a little bit of pie really will go a long way. This pie can easily serve 12 because of that.
Ingredients you need
- Peanut butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream or Cool Whip
- Whipping Cream
- Chocolate chips
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
I used the full Reese’s peanut butter cups but you could also use the mini cups or even leave them off completely. The pie is still amazing without them.
Note: You cannot replace the heavy whipping cream used for the chocolate ganache on top.
How to make this pie
- Make the Oreo pie crust and press into your pie pan.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, make the peanut butter filling by beating the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar together until well combined.
- Add cool whip or whipped cream and beat again until fully combined. Pour into the prepared Oreo crust.
- Make the ganache with the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream.
- Pour the ganache over the pie and top with chopped Reese’s.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips and Tricks
If using heavy whipping cream, do you pre-whip it?
For the peanut butter filling, you can use homemade whipped cream instead of using Cool whip in the peanut butter filling.
To make the whipped cream:
Use a stand mixer outfitted with a beater attachment. Alternatively, you can use a bowl and hand mixer.
Add the 3 cups of heavy whipping cream to the mixer and beat at high speed. Continue beating until the whipped cream reaches soft peaks.
For best results when making whipped cream, use a cold bowl. A cold bowl will significantly speed up the process of making the whipped cream. Be careful to watch it so that you don’t over whip it and accidentally make butter!
Handy tip: Prepare Ahead!
Yes! You can definitely make this pie ahead of time. I would not make it more than 2-3 days ahead. Make sure that you keep the pie covered in the refrigerator.
Also, you can make the pie ahead and freeze it to eat later. Cover the pie really well with plastic wrap and keep in the freezer for no more than 3 months. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight, covered.
- Pie pan
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
For peanut butter filling:
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip or 3 cups whipped cream
For chocolate ganache:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips dark chocolate is best
- 5 Reese’s chopped
For the crust:
- Use a food processor and process the Oreo cookies until they are crumbs. Add melted butter and process again so the butter is all incorporated.
- Press crumbs into a pie pan.
For the filling:
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat the peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar together until well combined.
- Add cool whip or whipped cream and beat again until fully combined.
- Pour into the prepared Oreo rust.
For the chocolate ganache:
- Pour chocolate chips in a large heat proof bowl.
- Heat the 1/2 cup whipping cream in a sauce pan until it comes to a simmer.
- Pour the whipping cream over the chocolate chips in the bowl and allow to sit for 4-5 minutes. Stir until the chocolate chips and whipping cream become one smooth mixture.
- Pour over the pie and top with chopped Reese’s.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.