Last Updated on
Apple syrup is a quick homemade syrup made with apple juice or apple cider, Bisquik mix, and cinnamon that is delicious over pancakes.
With so many varieties it is fun to mix things up but I do love how much syrup this makes so we always have some left over without a need to double the recipe. Then I can enjoy it again later that week which always makes me happy.
What is apple cider syrup?
Apple cider syrup is a wonderfully rich and delicious syrup with all the flavors of fall. It pairs wonderfully with many common breakfast options.
What to use apple syrup for:
This apple syrup goes great with any kind of pancakes but it is particularly wonderful in the fall.
- Pancakes: whole wheat yogurt pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, or sourdough pancakes. Of course, since apple juice is available year round you can enjoy this whenever you want.
- Ice cream
How to make apple syrup:
This apple syrup is incredibly easy!
- In a medium sized pot, mix all the ingredients together and boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm!
- Store in an air tight container (I use mason jars) for up to one week.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other breakfast recipes you’ll love:
- Mix together and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Can be kept in a container in the refrigerator for about one week.