Apple syrup is a quick homemade syrup perfect for breakfast or dessert that is made with apple juice or apple cider, Bisquik mix, and cinnamon that is delicious over pancakes.
Table of contents
Apple cider syrup is a wonderfully rich and delicious syrup with all the flavors of fall. It pairs wonderfully with many common breakfast options.
With so many varieties it is fun to mix things up but I do love how much syrup this makes so we always have some left over without a need to double the recipe. Then I can enjoy it again later that week which always makes me happy.
- Bisquik mix or homemade Bisquik mix
- apple juice or cider
- lemon juice
If you don’t have Bisquik mix, you can substitute with self rising flour or 3 Tablespoons flour and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
How to make this
This apple syrup is incredibly easy and seriously only takes minutes to make!
- In a medium sized pot, mix all the ingredients together and boil for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm!
- Store in an air tight container (I use mason jars) for up to one week.
What to use the syrup for
This apple syrup goes great with any kind of pancakes but it is particularly wonderful in the fall.
- Pancakes: whole wheat yogurt pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, or sourdough pancakes. Of course, since apple juice is available year round you can enjoy this whenever you want.
- Ice cream
Other breakfast recipes you might like
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- In a sauce pan, add sugar, Bisquik mix, nutmeg, cinnamon, apple juice, lemon juice, and butter. Mix together and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil for about 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Can be kept in a container in the refrigerator for about one week.