Apple Pumpkin Streusel Bread is a pumpkin bread loaf with chunks of apples all topped with a crunchy streusel topping that make it impossible to resist.
I remember coming home from college one year to find dozens of muffins cooling on the dining room table. My mom had spent countless hours in the kitchen making muffins so that my sister and I could come home to some homemade deliciousness.
The streusel topping really puts it over the top. It does come out more as a crust on top which can make it difficult to get out of the pan cleanly but it’s really worth it. Do a lighter sprinkling on top to make it easier.
Ingredients you need:
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups peeled, finely chopped apples
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
If you would like a slightly healthier version, you can substitute 1/4 cup no sugar added applesauce and 1/4 cup canola oil for the 1/2 cup canola oil. You can also reduce the sugar by 1/2 cup but it will result in a drier loaf.
Baking apples like granny smith or honeycrisp apples are best. Other apples tend to become soggy and disappear in the bread.
How to make apple pumpkin streusel bread:
In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and ground cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; add apples and toss to coat. Set aside.
In medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and oil (or applesauce & oil). Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Pour batter into two 9 by 5 greased loaf pan. Sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter. Bake for 55 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make muffins, spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle streusel topping over batter. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other recipes you may like:
Pumpkin Apple Streusel Bread Recipe
- 1 Tbsp all purpose
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp butter
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Cut in 2 tsp butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Add chopped apples and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, and oil (or applesauce & oil). Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter into two 9 by 5 greased loaf pan. Sprinkle Streusel Topping over batter.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.