Pancakes are a staple in our house but I love to mix it up. I may have gone overboard one week in buying raspberries so I decided to jazz up our usual pancakes with raspberries and orange juice. They turned out fantastic!
What I loved most was that it wasn’t really any extra work to make these pancakes. My biggest regret? I didn’t make more of them! I usually make a double batch and this time was no different but the usual leftovers were non-existent. Next time I know, triple batch it is!
And although I realize raspberries aren’t technically in season right now I’ve still found some fantastic deals on them. You can always use frozen raspberries in the batter and thawed berries on top. I’m thinking I’m going to make these on Christmas with Sorbian Eggs, Quiche, or IHOP Style Eggs and Potatoes O’Brien or Garlic and Herb Roasted Potatoes.
Mmmm, I’m already excited for Christmas morning!
Raspberry Pancakes with Orange Glaze
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil warmed slightly
- 2 pints fresh or frozen raspberries mashed slightly
- 1-2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl combine wet ingredients. Note: you may need to warm milk slightly to prevent coconut milk from solidifying.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Lumps are okay.
- Cook on a hot griddle until done, about 2 minutes per side. Serve warm with orange glaze and raspberries if desired.
- To make orange glaze: slowly add orange juice to powdered sugar in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly. If needed add more orange juice if too thick or powdered sugar if it is too thin.