I know not everyone is a big fish fan but we all love fish in my house. I happened to see some Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets on sale one day at the grocery store and I knew I had a coupon so I snagged a box. Items like this are perfect for those crazy nights where you have no plan for dinner and need something fast. They aren’t items we rely on but they sure are nice to have around.
Fish tacos are so simple to make and are a cinch to throw together on short notice. They are perfect for a weeknight dinner but could be easily paired with some cocktails (or in our case mock tails) of your choosing for an in-home date night.
Shortcut Fish Tacos
- Breaded Fish Fillets I used Gorton’s
- Thinly sliced red cabbage or cabbage slaw mix
- Corn tortillas
- Queso Fresco optional
- Peach salsa:
- 2 peaches diced
- 2 to matoes diced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 2 Tbsb chopped fresh cilantro
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook fish fillets according to package directions. While the fish is cooking make the peach salsa. When the fish fillets are done cooking, slice the fish.
- Place a few slices of fish on a corn tortilla. Top with red cabbage, peach salsa, and if desired, queso fresco.
Place a few slices of fish on a corn tortilla. Top with red cabbage, peach salsa, and if desired, queso fresco.