Lemon Pepper Potato Wedges are a wonderful baked alternative to french fries that have a bright, crisp, and peppery taste easy to make at home.
What I love most about these potatoes is that I didn’t feel the need to dip them in anything. No barbecue sauce or ketchup needed for these fries to taste good. They were plenty tasty all on their own.
Cut the potatoes thinly and evenly to insure that they cook quickly and at the same time.
If you have a hard time cutting evenly using a mandoline is a really handy way to get even slices out of ingredients. Always use a hand guard on the food you are slicing and do not touch the blade.
What kinds of potatoes can I use?
Although I have used many different kinds of potatoes for fries, the best ones are the regular russet potatoes. They produce the best oven and regular fries which is a reason why they are so popular.
Can I use frozen fries for this?
Yep! I do that all the time. Bake the fries according to the package directions omitting the olive oil in the recipe below. You can toss the fries with the seasoning beforehand or after. Whichever is up to you.
Other recipes you might like
- Oven Baked Carrot Fries
- Pan Fried Fish and Chips
- Oven Roasted Garlic and Herb Potatoes
- Potatoes O Brien
- In a large bowl, toss cut potatoes with olive oil, kosher salt, and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Spray a cookie sheet or sheets with cooking spray and line potatoes up in a single layer.
- Bake at 425 for about 25-30 minutes until potatoes are crisp and browned.
- Serve with a lemon quarter to squeeze over the potato wedges.