Flavorful Cheesy Garlic Jalapeno Drop Biscuits made with homemade Bisquik are packed with shredded cheese, cilantro, fresh jalapeno and garlic and are a perfect accompaniment to soups.
I like to use my homemade Bisquik mix for these but you could always use store-bought Bisquik mix. They work just the same. This is an adaptation of the Bisquik recipe for cheese-garlic biscuits.
When adding fresh ingredients, like the jalapeno and garlic, to any kind of dough I toss them in with the dry ingredients. This helps minimize the amount of mixing I’m doing so I don’t end up with tough baked goods. Also, adding them to the dry mixture prevents the fresh ingredients from sinking all to the bottom!
What are drop biscuits?
Drop biscuits are the simpler cousin to rolled biscuits. You have the exact same mix to start out with but you add a bit more milk to the mix. This results in a slightly wetter mix which makes it easier to spoon and drop onto a baking sheet.
Other flavors to try:
If you are not a huge fan of jalapeno and garlic, you could make the drop biscuits with cheddar and paprika, or use just the garlic or the jalapeno. If cilantro is not your thing, trade that out for fresh parsley.
Can you freeze drop biscuits?
I like to make a double or triple batch and freeze them after they are cooked. I just reheat in the microwave for at least 45 seconds (the more on a plate the longer it takes) and wallah- hot biscuits without heating up the house.
Tricky I know. Enjoy!
I also choose to use a mini cookie scoop instead of a spoon to portion out the biscuits. I’ve found a cookie scoop helps me to get even scoops so all the biscuits bake evenly.
Other uses for Bisquik mix:
Soups and stews to make with the cheesy garlic jalapeno drop biscuits:
- Potato Bacon Chowder
- Tomato Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Quick Salsa Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Root Beer Beef Stew
Cheesy Garlic Jalapeno Drop Biscuits
Flavorful Cheesy Garlic Jalapeno Drop Biscuits are packed with a punch and are a perfect accompaniment to soups.
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup milk
Mix Bisquick mix, shredded cheese, minced garlic, diced jalapeno, salt, pepper, and cilantro in a bowl.
Add milk and butter. Stir just until combined.
Use a small cookie scoop to drop onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
You can make your own homemade bisquik mix which works great in this recipe.
The biscuits keep well in the freezer for about 3 months. Reheat them in the microwave for about 45 seconds to reheat.
Biscuits and Scones
- Blueberry Drop Scones by Simply Inspired Meals
- Breakfast Biscuits by Sid’s Sea Palm Cooking
- Carrot Cake Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cheesy Garlic Jalapeno Drop Biscuits by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Chipa Argolla by Sneha’s Recipe
- Chipas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gruyère Prosciutto Scones by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lemon Blueberry Biscuits by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Orange Pecan Biscuits by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream & Chive Jumbo Biscuits by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Spiced Pumpkin Scones by The Redhead Baker
- Very Cinnamon Scones by Hardly A Goddess