Easy Breakfast Tacos
Jump to Recipe, Print Recipe
This post contains affiliate links where I earn a small fee when purchases are made through this link. For more info see my disclosure policy.
Change up breakfast with these easy Breakfast Tacos made with corn tortillas filled with ground sausage, eggs, queso fresco, and fresh cilantro.
Breakfast burritos are a big hit in my house and no one has ever complained about eating them but a while ago I had some leftover fried corn tortillas from our Pineapple Pork Carnitas dinner. I was thinking about how I wanted to use them and realized they would be so yummy for breakfast so why not make breakfast tacos. There really is something special about a fried tortilla filled with meat and eggs and cheese. It makes me excited for breakfast!
I think I’ve been on a real big breakfast kick lately with the kids being back in school. I’ve made it my goal to get up early most mornings to make my kiddos breakfast. Some mornings are rougher than others with the baby sleeping crazy hours sometimes still but it’s been nice to get up and get going. Plus, it means I actually get a chance to eat something in the mornings before I’m hustling everyone out the door.
The breakfast tacos are just a nice change of pace from the usual breakfast routine. And honestly they’re a great way to use up leftovers. I sometimes end up with lots of eggs and ground sausage leftover from other dishes so this is a nice way to use those up!
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 8 lg eggs scrambled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 16 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil divided
- In a skillet, cook breakfast sausage until no longer pink.
- To fry corn tortillas, coat a small pan with about 2 Tbps vegetable oil. Allow to get sizzling hot, quickly fry tortilla on each side and fold while still warm. Continue frying tortillas adding a small amount of additional oil as needed.
- Heat a separate pan over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and allow to mostly melt. Make sure the butter coats the pan and up the sides. Pour in beaten eggs and use a spatula to gently push the eggs around the pan until completely set but still shiny.
- To assemble- fill a corn tortilla shell with approximately 2 Tbsp each ground sausage and scrambled eggs. Top with about 2 tsp queso fresco about 1 Tbsp diced tomatoes and a little bit of cilantro