Goldfish® crackers crusted baked chicken give a cheesy crunch to traditional baked chicken that is kid friendly and a perfect recipe to make with the kids help.
I love getting my kids involved in the kitchen. It’s not always easy, or possible, with them being so young still. I’ve found that the more involved they are, the better they eat. I love the simplicity of this cracker crusted baked chicken recipe and how with just a few ingredients you can make a kid-friendly and kid-made meal.
My kids have helped me make meatballs for Sweet and Sour Meatballs and Healthy Meatball Subs and they love making gnocchi! I thought they would love helping me make this cheesy and crispy baked chicken.
How can kids help make this?
My kiddos loved crushing the Goldfish crackers for the breading. They were laughing and giggling as they used their hands to crunch them up. You could also use a zip top bag and a rolling pin- whatever is best suited to their ages.
I also let them coat the chicken in the egg wash and then cover them in the Goldfish crackers. It was a lot of fun for them and made me happy to see them enjoying themselves in the kitchen, a total win-win situation.
Getting kids involved in the kitchen is a terrific way to raise world food explorers. Find more great tips in this guide.
What to pair with Goldfish crusted baked chicken?
The Goldfish cracker crusted baked chicken and tomato soup were an awesome pairing. Give them some of the leftover crackers for topping their soup.
I snagged some rainbow baby carrots at the grocery store because I’ve found the kids are much more likely to try colorful colored veggies.
Other good pairings you may like:
Ways to use leftover baked chicken:
- Use the leftovers to make a chicken topped garden salad with ranch dressing
- Cut up the leftover chicken to use in a wrap with carrots, cucumbers, spinach and Ceasar dressing
- Make it a sandwich instead adding your favorite veggies and a light spread of mayo (or your favorite salad dressing)
Have you used Goldfish crackers in a creative way?
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other easy recipes to make with kids?
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Healthy Meatball Subs
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad
Goldfish Cracker Crusted Baked Chicken
Goldfish® Crusted Baked Chicken
- 2 cups Goldfish® crackers, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 Tbsp water
- 2 lbs chicken strips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a cookie sheet with baking spray.
- Pat chicken strips dry with a paper towel. Dip in egg mixture and then into crushed Goldfish® crackers.
- Cover cookie sheet with foil. Bake for 35 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.