This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiveLifeMoreFlavor #CollectiveBias
Grilled smoked sausage and potatoes topped with cheese, jalapenos, and grilled red peppers for a delicious dinner or perfectly paired with eggs for breakfast.
Our grill gets a major workout during the summer and one of our favorite meats to cook on the grill are smoked sausages and kielbasa. My hubby is a huge smoked sausages fan so it was nice that I could give him what he loves and that it was totally affordable to do it.
I love how quickly the Eckrich Smoked Sausage cooks up and my family loves how they are naturally hardwood smoked for the true smokehouse taste. Check out all of Eckrich’s products and find more ways to use them here. I can’t wait to try out their maple breakfast sausage! Yum!
I found the Eckrich Smoked Sausage at my local Kroger affiliate Ralph’s in the packaged lunch meat section. They were above the hot dogs and next to the cheeses at my store. They even have a few other varieties like Cheddar and Jalapeno and Cheddar if you would be interested in those.
Potatoes seem like such a natural pairing to me for the smoked sausages and they are great for the grill and can cook up quickly with a minimal amount of prep work. I microwaved the potatoes for a few minutes so they were just barely cooked through. Then finishing them off on the grill gave them some nice crispiness and extra flavor. We haven’t been able to use our grill as much as we would want this summer so making this dish finally felt like we were kicking off the summer grilling season.
Grilled red peppers take a little bit more time but they add an awesome sweetness to the dish that contrasts really well with the savory spice mix of the smoked sausages. If you love heat the jalapenos add a great last layer to the dish. My kids chose not to have the jalapenos and that is just fine. My husband loves the spiciness of jalapenos and was so excited to see them at the dinner table.
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Grilled Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- 6-8 large red potatoes
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1-2 jalapeno
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- seasoned salt
- 1 pkg Eckrich Smoked Sausage
- Heat grill to high heat. Place red peppers on the grill and cook on each side for about 5-7 minutes per side until grill marks appear. Slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, wash potatoes and pierce with a fork. Microwave for about 4 minutes on each side until a knife can easily go through. Set aside and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Slice potatoes into about 1/3" slices. Toss potatoes with the olive oil and add seasoned salt to taste. Add to grill and cook until crispy about 5 minutes per side.
- Also add Eckrich smoked sausages to the grill with the potatoes and grill for about 5 minutes on each side to cook through and get nice grill marks.
- Top potatoes and smoked sausage with cheese, sliced red peppers, and jalapenos. Serve immediately.