Make IHOP style scrambled eggs at home by using a little bit of pancake batter for deliciously fluffy eggs.
I mentioned Friday how I grew up going to IHOP a lot and whenever we make a big pancake breakfast I like to use IHOP’s trick of throwing some pancake batter into the scrambled egg mix.
It gives just a bit of extra volume to the scrambled eggs and extra flavor as well. It’s a nice variation to your standard scrambled eggs or omelet.
We make a big breakfast pretty much every Sunday morning. It’s a fun time to relax with the kids and actually get to eat breakfast together as a family.
With the wonky schedule we keep in our house that is a rare feat. So we make a big to do about it each week.
The kids love getting to cook with us and it’s a great family bonding time. My daughter makes some mean scrambled eggs and my son is an expert pancake mixer.
Foodies in the making I hope. I cherish these memories and sincerely hope my kids will also cherish them as we make them a tradition.
Pair them up with:
And if none of those tickle your fancy check out my roundup of some amazing pancakes.
IHOP Style Scrambled Eggs
Make IHOP style scrambled eggs at home by using a little bit of pancake batter for deliciously fluffy eggs in less than 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup prepared pancake batter
- 8 large eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Beat pancake batter and eggs together until well mixed and no egg whites remain unbeaten.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add butter and coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Add egg mixture, season with salt and pepper, and allow to sit for about 1 minute. Using a spatula slowly pushing the cooked eggs to the center making your way around the pan. Continue this process until the eggs are set and no raw egg remains. The eggs should still have a little bit of shine to them indicating they are not overcooked.
- Serve warm.
- Note: I’ve had some people say that 1/4 cup of pancake batter seemed like a lot. You can always try 2 Tbsp the first time and see how you like it. 1/4 cup is just my family’s preference.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 340mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 11g