Pumpkin juice, a Harry Potter fan favorite, is an easy drink recipe you can make in the slow cooker and serve hot as pumpkin cider or serve ice cold that only needs 4 simple ingredients.
It has been way too much fun making these Harry Potter inspired recipes. Pumpkin juice is another very popular drink in the wizarding world. It’s usually served on the Hogwarts Express but is also commonly found at meals at Hogwarts as well.
Rereading the series, I was surprised how often pumpkin juice comes up. It was obviously an integral part of most meals at Hogwarts and after making some I can see why.
I decided to have it hot first which everyone raved about. But saving the leftovers and having it cold over ice was equally fantastic.
For a winter party I would keep this warmed in a slow cooker so anyone can have it hot whenever they want. If you wanted to have a summer party keep this nice and cold and serve with plenty of ice.
Pair the juice with some Pumpkin Pasties for an extra special treat!
Table of contents
- Canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- White grape juice
- Apple cider
- Cinnamon sticks
If you want you could use any light colored juice instead of the grape juice. This will of course change the flavor but it will help to keep the bright orange color of the drink.
If you want you can also top the cider version with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
How to make this
Making Harry Potter style pumpkin juice is incredibly easy. The pumpkin juice can be served hot or cold.
- Add pumpkin puree, apple cider, and white grape juice in a big pitcher.
- Stir well to mix. Chill.
- Before serving, stir very well to mix the pumpkin puree with the juice. Serve over ice.
- If you prefer to have it as hot pumpkin cider, instead of chilling add cinnamon sticks and heat on the stove or in a slow cooker until hot.
- Before serving, stir very well to mix the pumpkin puree with the juice. Serve warm.
Watch me make this
Top tips for cooking with kids
This is a perfect easy recipe for kids to help with. Let them choose the juice they want to use and if you are going to serve it hot or cold.
You can also do a taste test challenge serving it both hot and cold and allowing everyone to vote for their favorite version.
See here for more tips on cooking with kids!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
Other pumpkin recipes:
Other Harry Potter recipes:
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 4 cups apple cider
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
For ice cold pumpkin juice
- If desired to serve cold, combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher. Chill until cold. Stir well before serving.
For hot pumpkin cider
- Add all of the ingredients and mix well. Heat until warm. Stir well before serving.