When it comes to slow cooker recipes I really want something that I can dump and run. This recipe uses 4 ingredients for the sauce that can be mixed right in the slow cooker!
It really doesn’t get much easier than that!
What sides go with pineapple chicken?
This would be a perfect pairing with Real Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, rice, and broccoli, sugar snap peas, or baby bok choy for a delicious Hawaiian plate lunch! And don’t forget some pineapple slices to serve up with it!
How to make the sticky pineapple chicken glaze?
I thicken the pineapple sauce that the chicken has cooked in and serve it up for those who want some extra sticky pineapple chicken. It’s really easy to thicken up the pineapple sauce with a little cornstarch on the stove top really quick.
Brush on the glaze just before you put the chicken under the broiler for extra crispy and sticky chicken.
How to get crispy skin on slow cooker chicken?
Broil the chicken on high for 3-5 minutes until the chicken skin is nice and crispy!
Once upon a time we lived in a place where I lived the battle of the oven. It was supposed to be a brand new oven but it worked once or twice and then quit. It only would get up to about 200 degrees or so. Great for keeping things warm not so much for cooking.
So I was constantly trying to come up with dishes that I could make in the slow cooker or the stove top. I love my crock pot but of course I really wanted Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken but that needed to be made in the oven not in the slow cooker.
After trying to figure it out for a few days I came across a recipe on Pinterest where she made chicken wings in the slow cooker and then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up.
Brilliant! So I was off to make some yummy sticky (and crispy!) chicken. Last minute I decided to add in a little bit of pineapple juice just to change things up a bit. I’m glad I did because it was a big hit with the kiddos.
In honor of National Slow Cooker Month (yes, it’s a thing) I’ve teamed up with some other bloggers to bring you a few tasty slow cooker dishes. I hope you check them out because you might just find some new favorites.
Need some cute pineapple decor for your party?
Be A Pineapple printable available here!
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
Do you follow Jonesin’ For Taste on Facebook? Stop by, say hi, and let me know what kinds of recipes you want to see!
For some of my other slow cooker recipes try:
For more pineapple recipes try these:
Slow Cooker Sticky Pineapple Chicken
Slow Cooker Sticky Pineapple Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 20 oz. can sliced pineapples with juice
- 2 lbs bone in chicken breasts
- Drain pineapple juice off into a bowl reserving pineapple slices for later use.
- Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and honey to pineapple juice in bowl. Mix well.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and pour sauce over chicken. Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, reserving sauce, and place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Add 1 Tbsp cornstarch to a small sauce pan and whisk as you slowly add the sauce. Cook over medium-high heat just until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Brush sauce on chicken and place under a preheated broiler for 4-5 minutes or until chicken skin has become crisp. Serve with reserved pineapple slices.
Slow Cooker Day
- Chicken Pho in a Slow Cooker by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crock pot Caramelized Onions by Frugal Pantry
- Purple People Eater Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooked Chili Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooked Pulled Chicken by Family Around the Table
- Slow Cooker Sticky Pineapple Chicken by Jonesin’ For Taste