30 Minute Hamburger and Carrot Skillet Meal
Simple pantry staples of ground hamburger or turkey, carrots, and onions come together for an easy 30-minute Hamburger and Carrot Skillet Meal main dish that is packed with flavor.
My dad has been making a version of this for as long as I can remember. It’s one of those recipes that seems so simple that it would be boring but the flavors are really great.
I remember the first time I made it for my family my husband gave me a look of “This is what you made for dinner?” Now he is often the one suggesting we put it on the menu for the week.
I love how it uses mainly pantry ingredients and refrigerated items I almost always have on hand. It’s my go to when I haven’t made it to the grocery store and supplies are low or when I’m feeling a little burnt out on cooking- hey, it happens to all of us! We serve it on top of rice for a really quick weeknight meal!
What is a good substitute for matchstick cut carrots?
If you are not super confident in your knife skills, use a food processor to shred the carrots on the largest hole setting you have. Shredded carrots at the grocery store that are pre-cut are very similar in size to matchstick carrots.
If neither is an option, go with diced or sliced carrots. Saute until they are tender which might take a little longer than the matchsticks take.
For other one pot dishes check out:
- Lasagna Pasta
- Pepper Steak
- Sausage and Veggie Spaghetti
- 30 Minute Potato Bacon Chowder
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Tomato Soup
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
30 Minute Hamburger and Carrots Skillet Meal
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Remove beef and keep warm.
- Heat the additional 1 Tbsp olive oil in the same skillet. Saute the diced onion and carrots until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Return the ground beef to the skillet.
- Season the beef with lemon pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add additional salt and pepper, as needed. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.
I think this will go well with some white rice. Thanks for sharing this recipe Jade!
Just tried this recipe and loved it, also a hit with my husband. He can’t have MSG so it’s hard to find a quick seasoning off the shelf to season ground beef, so this recipe had so much flavor. It was so easy to fix as well. Dinner was ready quick after we both got off work. Going to make it again soon!
My husband would LOVE this!