Simple pantry staples of ground hamburger or turkey, carrots, and onions come together for an easy 30-minute Hamburger and Carrot Skillet Meal main dish that is packed with flavor.
My dad has been making a version of this for as long as I can remember. It’s one of those recipes that seems so simple that it would be boring but the flavors are really great.
I remember the first time I made it for my family my husband gave me a look of “This is what you made for dinner?” Now he is often the one suggesting we put it on the menu for the week.
I love how it uses mainly pantry ingredients and refrigerated items I almost always have on hand. It’s my go to when I haven’t made it to the grocery store and supplies are low or when I’m feeling a little burnt out on cooking- hey, it happens to all of us! We serve it on top of rice for a really quick weeknight meal!
What is a good substitute for matchstick cut carrots?
If you are not super confident in your knife skills, use a food processor to shred the carrots on the largest hole setting you have. Shredded carrots at the grocery store that are pre-cut are very similar in size to matchstick carrots.
If neither is an option, go with diced or sliced carrots. Saute until they are tender which might take a little longer than the matchsticks take.
For other one pot dishes check out:
- Lasagna Pasta
- Pepper Steak
- Sausage and Veggie Spaghetti
- 30 Minute Potato Bacon Chowder
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Tomato Soup
Want more easy recipes like this? Get my e-book with 30 days of Easy Recipes!
30 Minute Hamburger and Carrots Skillet Meal
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Remove beef and keep warm.
- Heat the additional 1 Tbsp olive oil in the same skillet. Saute the diced onion and carrots until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Return the ground beef to the skillet.
- Season the beef with lemon pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add additional salt and pepper, as needed. Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes.